iDeneb 1.5.1 Kernel Panic

sjoewert300

7 posts in this topic

I've managed to install iDeneb as following:

I had a NTFS partitioned USB drive of which I shrinked the partition so that 20GB came free for a Leopard partition..

This partition was being recognized (in contrast to my local hard drive) and I installed iDeneb to this Leopard partition..

Fixes I ticked:

Bootloader

>Chameleon v2

>DSDT

Fix

>ACPI/SSE2 Fix

>IOPCMCIA

>SD/SDHCI

>IOUSB

>Voodoo Battery

>Voodoo Power

Kernel

>9.7.0 Qoopz

Some drivers..

After install I booted from the Parted Magic live CD (to copy the partition from the USD drive to the local drive (which I first converted to a GUID partition table (USB drive has MBR partition table))), and it succeeded..

Now it wouldn't boot from my local hard drive, because it stuck at "GRUB"..

I Googled around, and decided to make a Chameleon (RC1) Boot USB stick to boot from my local hard drive..

I booted this USB key, and tried to boot from my local drive but then........ I was treated with a wonderful kernel panic :(

A picture of my screen is attached to this post..

Can anyone help me out?

post-484227-1262380294_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Added screenshot :)

I've managed to install iDeneb as following:

I had a NTFS partitioned USB drive of which I shrinked the partition so that 20GB came free for a Leopard partition..

This partition was being recognized (in contrast to my local hard drive) and I installed iDeneb to this Leopard partition..

Fixes I ticked:

Bootloader

>Chameleon v2

>DSDT

Fix

>ACPI/SSE2 Fix

>IOPCMCIA

>SD/SDHCI

>IOUSB

>Voodoo Battery

>Voodoo Power

Kernel

>9.7.0 Qoopz

Some drivers..

After install I booted from the Parted Magic live CD (to copy the partition from the USD drive to the local drive (which I first converted to a GUID partition table (USB drive has MBR partition table))), and it succeeded..

Now it wouldn't boot from my local hard drive, because it stuck at "GRUB"..

I Googled around, and decided to make a Chameleon (RC1) Boot USB stick to boot from my local hard drive..

I booted this USB key, and tried to boot from my local drive but then........ I was treated with a wonderful kernel panic :wacko:

A picture of my screen is attached to this post..

Can anyone help me out?

Hey, there are no print screen's attached. But anyway, try booting with

-v -x -f cpus=1

Works most of the time for kernel's that cannot load both cores, once booted into mac, patch dsdt and move the dsdt.aml into /extra folder.

And make sure you did install it onto a Mac OS Journaled. Formatted Partition

-v -x -f cpus=1

Works most of the time for kernel's that cannot load both cores, once booted into mac, patch dsdt and move the dsdt.aml into /extra folder.

And make sure you did install it onto a Mac OS Journaled. Formatted Partition

Lloyd Owen - here to help you people! :)

Thank you for your reply :D

I just attached the screen for you.. I was too big to upload it the first time so :P

Another thing is, I can't patch anything when I can't even get into macintosh :wacko:

But I'll try booting with these parameters..

Only one question: why should I try CPUS=1? I didn't need to use it to boot the installer, and since I don't have 1 CPU I wonder whether I really need it :D

And how can I check whether the volume is Journaled? Since GParted only says HFS+ and not anything like Journaled, so I can't check it :P

The original partition on the USB drive has the "boot" flag.. When I apply this flag onto my local HFS+ volume it isn't being recognized in Chameleon anymore..:wacko: Maybe this has influence on anything.... I don't know..

I booted with -v -f -x cpus=1, and this didn't give me any kernel panic :D

But as always, problems are not yet away :P It now got stuck at something I can't explain :wacko:

It doesn't give any errors or whatever (I think :wacko:)

See the attached file:

post-484227-1262382786_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your help!

• 1 year later...

-v -x -f cpus=1

Where do you input the code? Do you do it on the installation dvd in the terminal or the darwin boot loader?

Where do you input the code? Do you do it on the installation dvd in the terminal or the darwin boot loader?

Hey, you put it when the bootloader is loading, so when its counting down press F8 to cancel the countdown and then at the bottom you should see what your typing (depending on version of bootloader, in theory it is still the same) Hope that helped!

Hey, you put it when the bootloader is loading, so when its counting down press F8 to cancel the countdown and then at the bottom you should see what your typing (depending on version of bootloader, in theory it is still the same) Hope that helped!

I tried that after freshly wiping it and no luck. Heres what I get now after the wipe.

I get the apple logo with the swirly thing at the bottom and a grey unavailable sign I would post a picture but it isn't working for me.