M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Q-bit

3 posts in this topic

I have bought M-audio fast track pro (USB),connected to a computer and it was successfully found out by system

Without any drivers. When a was download drivers (drivers included control panel,i/o controls) I start up logic pro and

hear some snub. I delited drivers an the sound is OK. Help me. Maibe my USB run with some errors?

System:

iDeneb 10.5.6 -> update to 10.5.7

Motherboard: ASUS m2n68

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 6000+

Video: ATI Radeon HD 3850

• 5 weeks later...

My usb drivers on an ASUS AMD motherboard were also flaky with USB M-Audio interfaces. I tried the Ozone (keyboard plus speaker/mic in/out) and the Fast Track Ultra and I'd get clicks, or the interface would drop out from Audio/MIDI setup in OSX utilities. Compare that to OSX86 installed on an old Dell Dimension 8300 P4, and both worked great without a hiccup. I think it has some relation to AMD and AMD motherboards. Thats 3 M-Audio USB interfaces that work fine on intel, don't work fine on AMD setups.

I would try wiping clean, and not updating. See if it works in 10.5.6, or try another distro like iPC 10.5.6. Sorry don't have a good answer for you other than I think your in for consisten troubles and if I were you I'd just try playing around with different setups. Worst case drop AMD mobo/CPU and go intel if its that important to you to have audio interface working. It was for me since all i wanted OSX86 for in the first place was Logic audio producing

• 4 weeks later...

i have a fast track pro and it clips under my AMD hackintosh (Phenom x4, 4 gb ram, Asus M3A-78 mobo), but it works perfectly on my Intel Hackintosh (Dell Mini v10)

i use the dell mini for live performance with mainstage and the fast track pro and its great!

i can also record a 4 tracks song whit logic whit no problem on the mini.