9800 GT CL/QE Graphics Glitches - Snow Leopard 10.6.2

The Horseman

2 posts in this topic

I'm running a a clean install of Snow Leopard 10.6.2 with a 9800GT video card. I've got a Gigabyte EP43 and am using all the DSDT fixes available for the board. I am also DSDT for my graphics card injection. OpenGL games like World of Warcraft run wonderfully but I'm getting some graphic glitches in some other areas like my dashboard. I've attached a picture of what the problem look likes. I've looked around on here for a couple of weeks and haven't found any posts similar to this so I was hoping someone else had ran into this. Notice the white boxing around istat and calender, sometimes I also get it around the calculator and weather but that usually fixes it self if I move them around.

post-54716-1260721457_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have the exact same problems with a NVIDIA 8800 GT, in finder and dashboard. As you can see, even the print screen shows the glitches (I don't know if that's the right word). Did you found a solution? I'm using graphics injection via chameleon boot and have tried some kexts with the same results. Also note I boot in 32 bit mode, 64 bit mode brings same results (I tested it only with 10.6.0). Right now I'm with 10.6.2.

post-6238-1268067273_thumb.jpg