Macbook pro: installing leo

lstat1

1 post in this topic

So ive been trying to sell my pc for a long time it seems. Its an HP DV9700, lots of upgrades so its a powerhouse, and i am a long time hackintosh user. Well, i posted for sale after for sale add on craigslist and decided ill put one in kansas city since were going up soon to visit family. Low and behold a guy emailed me and wants to trade straight across his (early) 2008 macbook pro 15", with better specs than mine. Well, i said yes, much easier then selling and coming up with extra cash for a pro. Well the guy wipes his hard drive and said hes going to do a fresh install of leo 10.5 and i split my hard drives and install a few OS's. Anyway, his disks are scratched and halfway through the install it gave him an error, i just had him intstall Ubuntu 9.04 for now until i get it home. My dad has a (also an early) 2008 macbook pro, but its a 17", not 15". So, would the leo install disks from his 17" work with my 15"? I have alot of experience with apple, but im not sure about this since most other things have to absolutely be perfect and exact to work...If those disks wont work, would the disks from my friends Unibody 15" pro work? Also, he mentioned seeing somewhere someone took the '08 model i am getting, and took replaced the original case with the (late) 2008 unibody case for the black keyboard and the full glass trackpad, is this possible? I just want to see if hes wrong :angel:

Thanks!