Noob Question

loganboyce

2 posts in this topic

Hi, i've done the install (iatkos v5i on my acer AOA150 and i received my dell 1390 wireless card this morning. I installed it but it's not recognizing it.

Please link me to any kexts i still may need to install thank you so much ive been dying for the wireless to work.

Hi, i've done the install (iatkos v5i on my acer AOA150 and i received my dell 1390 wireless card this morning. I installed it but it's not recognizing it.

Please link me to any kexts i still may need to install thank you so much ive been dying for the wireless to work.

You'll have to add the PCIID of your card to the Info.plist file of the AppleAirPortBrcm4311.

This works for Leopard. Snow Leopard is more or less the same

1. Open a terminal and run:
    sudo su
    chmod 777 /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist

2. Open /System/Library/Extensions in Finder
  3. Right Click IO80211Family.kext -> Show package contents
  4. Go to Contents/PlugIns
  5. Right Click AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext -> Show package contents
  6. Go to Contents
  7. Open Info.plist with TextEdit
  8. You'll find something like this:
    <string>pci106b,4e</string>
    <string>pci14e4,4311</string>
    <string>pci14e4,4312</string>
    <string>pci14e4,4313</string>

Insert a new one with your device id number (mine was 4315, you can run "ioreg -l | grep 14e4" in a terminal to find out which is yours):

<string>pci14e4,4315</string>

9. Open a terminal and run:
    sudo su
    chmod 644 /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist
    rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext