My Success

arsenalsam7

3 posts in this topic

intel 915gvwb mobo

gma900 video

ac97 audio

on-board lan

1 gig geil ddr500@ddr400 (limited by motherboard)

lite-on 1637s dvd-rw dual layer

pentium 4 lga775 520 cpu @ 2.8 ghz

ps/2 kb/mouse

Installed via the patched marklar-tiger.iso dvd installer

i got a totally different introduction upon initial setup after the install...got a spotlight effect on a big "X" and "welcome" in different languages splashed across the screen ( i did not get that with my DFI mobo)

QE and CI supported

hp 920c printer works

iTunes works and already made an audio cd from mp3's

Xbench score of 43.97

chess works

msn messenger 5 works

video playback through VLC is superb

dashboard widgets are so cool, especially when you start up another one, it has a rippling effect around the widget

first time i booted up with my surround sound speakers, i had audio, but only in the center channel and sub...i took my tower to my parents to show them and no audio,brought it back here and no audio

i just downloaded a demo of NTI's dragon burn cd/dvd burning software and made a data cd of what i have downloaded so far

once i get the audio issue cleared up, i have a seemingly fully functional mac os x

anyone have a clue on the audio issue? i had my 1/8 in plugs jacked in the proper jacks

intel 915gvwb mobo

gma900 video

ac97 audio

on-board lan

ps/2 kb/mouse

i got a totally different introduction upon initial setup after the install...got a spotlight effect on a big "X" and "welcome" in different languages splashed across the screen ( i did not get that with my DFI mobo)

QE and CI supported

hp 920c printer works

Xbench score of 43.97

chess works

msn messenger 5 works

dashboard widgets are so cool, especially when you start up another one, it has a rippling effect around the widget

first time i booted up with my surround sound speakers, i had audio, but only in the center channel and sub...i took my tower to my parents to show them and no audio,brought it back here and no audio

i just downloaded a demo of NTI's dragon burn cd/dvd burning software and made a data cd of what i have downloaded so far

once i get the audio issue cleared up, i have a seemingly fully functional mac os x

anyone have a clue on the audio issue? i had my 1/8 in plugs jacked in the proper jacks

i just re-installed mac os x and gave it a couple of reboots and disconnected the front panel audio connector and disable front panel audio in the bios---not sure if that helped or not

i have sound

• 4 weeks later...
intel 915gvwb mobo

gma900 video

ac97 audio

on-board lan

ps/2 kb/mouse

QE and CI supported

hp 920c printer works

Xbench score of 43.97

chess works

msn messenger 5 works

Disabling the front panel audio in the bios gave me sound same mobo D915GVWB working on the problem with AppleAzalia.kext no luck yet