Motu 2408mkII Pci 424e audio setup problem in snow leopard

djny67

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me resolve my Motu Issue. I just built a new hackintosh perfectly according to Life Hacker's specs.. http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2009/09/insta...cking-required/

The computer boots perfectly into snow leopard and I am running version 10.6.1 with Logic 9. The problem I am having is when i install my motu Pci 424e software for snow leopard,for some strange reason the driver installs and i can play audio through Logic but I am not able to access the Motu Pci audio set up in applications. Each time i try, i get an OSErr error has occurred 2003332927-?ohw.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with their Motu Pci 424e driver on their hackintosh? I have tried re-installing snow leopard twice along with the Motu driver numerous times, tried different pci slots and everything with the same results. I really need to get to the motu audio setup program and would be forever greatful if anyone has a solution.

thanks!

DJ

• 2 weeks later...

I have almost the same set up with you ( check my signature).

Every thing works perfect for me, Logic 9.0.2 working with Motu 424 PCIe with 2408 mkII.

are you running in 64 bits ? that might be the problem

I'm running 32 bit to be able to work 424 pcie because in 64bit mode the Motu PCI Audio app simply does not see my card in the pcie slot ( eventhough it is there)

so my solution was to add arch=i386 to the com.apple.boot.plist

well it seems that Motu and other proaudio companies still haven't made the total 64 bit integration with their SL drivers yet..

I have almost the same set up with you ( check my signature).

Every thing works perfect for me, Logic 9.0.2 working with Motu 424 PCIe with 2408 mkII.

are you running in 64 bits ? that might be the problem

I'm running 32 bit to be able to work 424 pcie because in 64bit mode the Motu PCI Audio app simply does not see my card in the pcie slot ( eventhough it is there)

so my solution was to add arch=i386 to the com.apple.boot.plist

well it seems that Motu and other proaudio companies still haven't made the total 64 bit integration with their SL drivers yet..

HI,

Thanks for replying and yes I am running the system in 32bit mode using arch=i386 in the com.apple.boot.plist. The system definitely recognizes the card and even plays audio. I am running Logic 9. Just can't get to that pci audio setup to configure my inputs. I also get this error when I look at the crash reports. Are you doing anything special in your bios??

<h3 class="r">GetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35</h3>

Problem solved!!! When i originally did the Lifehacker install, i did not realize that he had added an update about formatting the hard drive as "extended journaled" instead of "extended journaled case sensitive. Apparently "case sensitive extended journaled" will not allow some applications to run. I reformatted my drive as "extended journaled" and problem solved. Thanks lifehacker!! I have a pefect Hackintosh!!

• 8 months later...

Hello,

i have a MOTU PCI 424 with 24i/o and 2408mk3 connected

i have audio problems when sound is played:

mini pops, clicks crackles you know, even when i play an mp3 in itunes but also in logic and cubase ;)

its more dramatic at very low ended tracks , like a low organ or bass or deep pads...

sometimes it sounds like an old vinyl :) but i cant switch it off!

anyone of you had some problems and maybe solved those already?

would be nice to get some ideas, i already tried a lot...

Config:

ASUS PK5C, onboard FW, onboard USB

Gainward Geforce G210

Sound see above

running on iAtkos S3 v2 10.6.3 with dual screen and QE CL enabled

Hello,

i have a MOTU PCI 424 with 24i/o and 2408mk3 connected

i have audio problems when sound is played:

mini pops, clicks crackles you know, even when i play an mp3 in itunes but also in logic and cubase :(

its more dramatic at very low ended tracks , like a low organ or bass or deep pads...

sometimes it sounds like an old vinyl :) but i cant switch it off!

anyone of you had some problems and maybe solved those already?

would be nice to get some ideas, i already tried a lot...

Config:

ASUS PK5C, onboard FW, onboard USB

Gainward Geforce G210

Sound see above

running on iAtkos SX V2 10.6.3 with dual screen and QE CL enabled

I had the same issue with my PCIe 424, turned out it was a bad port on the card and MOTU replaced it for me.

Try connecting your 2408 to a different port on the 424 to see if the problem goes away, that's what tech support had me do to troubleshoot...

I had the same issue with my PCIe 424, turned out it was a bad port on the card and MOTU replaced it for me.

Try connecting your 2408 to a different port on the 424 to see if the problem goes away, that's what tech support had me do to troubleshoot...

Interesting information, i will try this tomorrow, since its late here already....

(my current ports are 4 for 24i/o and 3 for 2408mk3

ill keep this thread updated

hey ruger42, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

god thx my card has 4 ports

switched 24i/o to 1 and 2408mk3 to 2 and woooooooooooooooow its working!

no crackling anymore

now i will make my first backup since luckily everything seems to work

otherwise i got a bad feeling about my Steinberg CC121 Controller and Steinberg MIDEX8

they seem to provide only 32 bit drivers... lame company! i will have to use 32 bit