Snow Leopard Server - Native Install [Resolved]

Cruxado

11 posts in this topic

Ok. The problem. I purchased new computer parts in order to Install a Native RETAIL (Build 10A433) of Snow Leopard Server. Before I go any further here are the Tech Specs:

• Gigabyte P55-UD5 MoBo
  • G.Skill Ripsaw PC 16000 (2x2GB) DDR3 Dual Channel
  • Intel Core i5 (2.6ghz)
  • WD 1.5TB HDD
  • WD Raptor (10k rpm) 40GB HDD
  • DVD/CD RW Burner
  • Antec 650W EarthWatt Power Supply
  • Antec Server Case
  • Legal Snow Leopard Server serial key

Configured the BIOS to ACHI and S3 suspend.

I ran the MBCD boot disk (which I found somewhere in this forum) which boots my 8GB SanDisk USB with the restored SL Server install. I booted with no problem, partition with GUID option and installed.

I do get a 'Failed Install' error because the Installer can't "Bless" the HDD.

Once I restart and boot the HDD (using the CD Boot disk) the computer turns on normally, shows the install setup. When I enter a Valid Serial Key (which I purchased from E-Bay) it won't go through. I get an Invalid Key error.

[Empire Boot with i5 boot and chameleon RC3 doesn't boot the install... but those run the HDD with Server installed.]

<hr>

Any thoughts? I'm waiting for a Verification on the DVD Serial Key. Just in case. Should I try burning a DL-DVD? Do you think a BIOS option, like Virtualization, is affecting the wizard?

<hr>

<hr>

[RESOLVED]

I did manage to fix this problem. It was a matter of adding the appropriate Ethernet Kext into the installer.

I used the RTL 81xx Kext from kexts.com. Follow this link.

Once that's is done the RTL Ethernets will be recognized properly and the serial will work!

Good luck to all Hackintoshers!

Well... just to verify that its an Install issue, I used other means to look for a working key. To my surprise these 'proven' keys don't work on my install either!

I'm completely stumped!!

What's going on? Is the HDD blessing really that important??

Do you think that the DVD build would matter?

* Bump * from the fifth page to the first... LOL

Any suggestions please on my problem?

Make a backup of /Volumes/<os x server installer>/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg, run myhack then restore the original OSInstall.mpkg

I have a working 10.6.2 Server install after doing this.

ashd,

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't really having a problem with the install. Just with the Serial validation.

I did manage to fix this problem. It was a matter of adding the appropriate Ethernet Kext into the installer.

I used the RTL 81xx Kext from kexts.com. Follow this link.