KP from IOPCIFamily--Snow Leopard will not boot from USB Stick

ncs12

2 posts in this topic

I have a vanilla installation of Leopard running on my Toshiba Satellite. Before upgrading to Snow Leopard I wanted to test it. So I have just completed a vanilla install of Snow Leopard on a USB flash drive. I am booting using Chameleon 2 RC3. Chameleon detects the USB install, but when I go to boot, no matter what combination of kernel flags I use I get kernel panic trying to boot Snow Leopard. The KP screen shows that kext com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform fails to load, and com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily fails to load before that. I am lost and in over my head. Any suggestions? Please help.

BTW I have got a patched dsdt.aml in /Extras/ on the flash drive, and several of the over necessary Snow Leopard kexts in /Extra/Extensions/.

I have a vanilla installation of Leopard running on my Toshiba Satellite. Before upgrading to Snow Leopard I wanted to test it. So I have just completed a vanilla install of Snow Leopard on a USB flash drive. I am booting using Chameleon 2 RC3. Chameleon detects the USB install, but when I go to boot, no matter what combination of kernel flags I use I get kernel panic trying to boot Snow Leopard. The KP screen shows that kext com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform fails to load, and com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily fails to load before that. I am lost and in over my head. Any suggestions? Please help.

BTW I have got a patched dsdt.aml in /Extras/ on the flash drive, and several of the over necessary Snow Leopard kexts in /Extra/Extensions/.

Try this fix.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=186609