Solution for Buit in Firewire EX58-UD5 Snow Leopard?

ncc1701

3 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi there i had the same problem as u up until just now. wat i did was i used dd's script to make me a usb installer. however my bios wouldn't post w/his usb installer on my thumb drive. perhaps u will hav better luck. wat i really used out of this was the extra folder that his script created. in case u hav a problem like i did, i deleted the boot file on the thumb drive after dd's script created it. i then used lifehacker's guide (http://lifehacker.com/5351485/how-to-build-a-hackintosh-with-snow-leopard-start-to-finish) to add the bootloader to the usb stick using chameleon rc3 and netkas 10.5. once finished i selected the thumbdrive in my bios to boot and then installed OSX using it. for some reason it worked that way to give me my firewire working again. i am assuming because of the extra folder in the usb drive that dd's script created that utilizes specifics for the ud5 motherboard. after that i used dd's script that was copied to the thumb drive as well to install the bootloader and neccessary kexts to the hard drive. i hope this helps. i hav been working on this forever and i wanted to try and help u out as well.