Intel GM965 (Dell Studio Laptop 17)

Niniu

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I use iDeneb, booting/installation went fine (I'm actually typing this on it :thumbsdown_anim: )

and I also got wireless connection.

But the resolution is 1024x768 and it doesn't look well. I got a GM965, and while installing I chose X3000 drivers/fix but I guess that didn't work.

What should I do to make this work? (adding kexts?)

(My sound card is not detected either, and it's Intel... but well, I'll post a topic about that in the Sound Cards forum)

Thanks for all your support! (This website really helped me to install iDeneb and other OSX86)

Not sure if you mistyped, but you have the X3100 video. Often the best thing is not to select -any- video drivers during setup, because OSX 10.5.5 (IIRC) and higher have built-in drivers for it. Depending on which iDeneb install you used, your best bet might be to simply update your OSX version (say, 10.5.7 to 10.5.8). That should get you a stock video driver.

Not sure if you mistyped, but you have the X3100 video. Often the best thing is not to select -any- video drivers during setup, because OSX 10.5.5 (IIRC) and higher have built-in drivers for it. Depending on which iDeneb install you used, your best bet might be to simply update your OSX version (say, 10.5.7 to 10.5.8). That should get you a stock video driver.

Yes I was thinking that too, but ran into a problem!

When I updated (so within iDeneb), after I rebooted it got stuck at showing the wallpaper (no no menu/dock, just my wallpaper) BUT I noticed that the resolution got higher and that I suddenly also was showing on my external screen so the drivers got improved.

Anyways, how do I fix that wallpaper-stuck issue? :unsure: Because updating iDeneb (using update manager thing) will definitely improve things, but it breaks too.

thanks for your support