Snow Leopard on Dell Inspiron 1318 everything working except wake up sleep

5 posts in this topic

Hello InsanelyMac community!

I have been using this site since the beginning of installing OSX.

I have installed on multiple pc's and laptops.

Recently I purchased a dell inspiron 1318 and i have the following working

Graphics - X3100 works with full resolution and QE/CI no hot corner trick needed with DSDT

Audio - Sigmatel 9228 working perfect with VoodooHDA. Mute also works.

Trackpad and Keyboard - Working with VoodooPS2 with trackpad prefpane

Wireless - Broadcom XX working

Had to delete IOATAFamily kext and install fix. Snow would kernel panic without fixing it. Dual boot into windows to change IOATAFamily kext

Updated to 10.6.1 everything still working.

All touch hotkeys work.

My only issue is

Sleepenabler doesnt do anything. It will sleep but it wont wake up. does anyone know how to fix this?

I also have another question,

Does anyone find that your battery drains really quick with osx86?

I have a dell inspiron 1520 as well, i find the battery drains alot but the laptop is old so i figured that was the issue considering the batterys life span is over.

I find I get about an hour from a full charge.

Anyway, this is my first post to this community after months of reading this everyday.

I would like to thank all of the community for the support and the things you guys do is amazing.

Hi Jamie,

I have a Dell 1318 too with Core 2 Duo CPU. Can you provide instructions? i also have an original SL Upgrade retail DVD.

A short step by step to boot and install will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello InsanelyMac community!

I have been using this site since the beginning of installing OSX.

I have installed on multiple pc's and laptops.

Recently I purchased a dell inspiron 1318 and i have the following working

Graphics - X3100 works with full resolution and QE/CI no hot corner trick needed with DSDT

Audio - Sigmatel 9228 working perfect with VoodooHDA. Mute also works.

Trackpad and Keyboard - Working with VoodooPS2 with trackpad prefpane

Wireless - Broadcom XX working

Had to delete IOATAFamily kext and install fix. Snow would kernel panic without fixing it. Dual boot into windows to change IOATAFamily kext

Updated to 10.6.1 everything still working.

All touch hotkeys work.

My only issue is

Sleepenabler doesnt do anything. It will sleep but it wont wake up. does anyone know how to fix this?

I also have another question,

Does anyone find that your battery drains really quick with osx86?

I have a dell inspiron 1520 as well, i find the battery drains alot but the laptop is old so i figured that was the issue considering the batterys life span is over.

I find I get about an hour from a full charge.

Anyway, this is my first post to this community after months of reading this everyday.

I would like to thank all of the community for the support and the things you guys do is amazing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey I have inspiron 1520, and have everything working from a vanilla retail install and mac software upgrade to 10.6.2

This includes: Geforce 8600GT m graphics

battery

track-pad, mouse

sleep, wake, restart, power (Although the bluetooth does not power down, so RESTART and Powerdown will require to hold down the power button until someone finds a fix).

WIFI (Used a replacement card, but now works flawlessly)

Network Adapter

In laymen's terms everything is running great, and my OS is still 100% vanilla (NO MODIFICATIONS TO SYSTEM/LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS) so for future upgrades I can continue to use the mac built in software updater.

Here is my issue though. I have enabled AHCI in my bios, which in theory should eliminate the need for my patched IOATAFamily.KEXT, but I still get kernel panics if I do not use it. This is fine for now, but the BETA release for 10.6.3 is supposed to have issues with the modified IOATAFAMILY.kext I am using.

Does anyone know why my inspiron 1520 still needs this kext to boot??