Acer Ferrari One 10.6 netbook hackintosh guide

Snowle0

15 posts in this topic

Can someone please make a guide for installing snow leopard on the Acer Ferrari One? Also please list what the compatibilities are and all software/hardware that might be needed to make it work

Specs: dual-core 1.2GHz Athlon X2 L310 CPUwith 1MB L2 Cache, M780G chipset and powerful ATI Radeon 3200 graphics, 1,366 x 768 resolution, 6 cell battery, and 160 gb hd

This is supposed to be the fastest netbook with the dual core processor and i currently own a 2007 20 in imac but i wanted to get a netbook and i thought this would be the perfect candidate for a snow leopard hackintosh. Looked all over the web and insanelymac forums but havent found a guide and didnt want to buy it and risk screwing it up because i dont know what i'm doing. Please help!!

Can someone please make a guide for installing snow leopard on the Acer Ferrari One? Also please list what the compatibilities are and all software/hardware that might be needed to make it work

Specs: dual-core 1.2GHz Athlon X2 L310 CPUwith 1MB L2 Cache, M780G chipset and powerful ATI Radeon 3200 graphics, 1,366 x 768 resolution, 6 cell battery, and 160 gb hd

This is supposed to be the fastest netbook with the dual core processor and i currently own a 2007 20 in imac but i wanted to get a netbook and i thought this would be the perfect candidate for a snow leopard hackintosh. Looked all over the web and insanelymac forums but havent found a guide and didnt want to buy it and risk screwing it up because i dont know what i'm doing. Please help!!

Yes its the best neetbook at the moment i got one and the drive is not 160 its 250GB

Please guys make us a manual

Thank you

I dunno if it will work. I'm fairly new to the whole hackintosh scene myself but what made this possible was Apple's switch to intel chips athlon is made by AMD. If someone else has done this, I have yet to hear about it.

Thats not true .

You can run leopard on a AMD also

Yes its the best neetbook at the moment i got one and the drive is not 160 its 250GB

Please guys make us a manual

Thank you

Thats not true .

You can run leopard on a AMD also

do you plan to try and hackintosh it yourself because if you do then please tell me how it turns out cause i really wann get that laptop. By the way where did you buy yours and how much did you pay for it?

I will try 4 myself then i will post the results

I have bougth my ferrari one here four 489 euros

h..p://www.rueducommerce.fr/Ordinateurs/Ordinateur-Portable/Netbook/ACER/2999283-Netbook-Ferrari-One-200-312G25n-AMD-Athlon-64-X2-Dual-Core-1-2-Ghz-Ecran-11-6-Rouge.htm

I will try 4 myself then i will post the results

I have bougth my ferrari one here four 489 euros

h..p://www.rueducommerce.fr/Ordinateurs/Ordinateur-Portable/Netbook/ACER/2999283-Netbook-Ferrari-One-200-312G25n-AMD-Athlon-64-X2-Dual-Core-1-2-Ghz-Ecran-11-6-Rouge.htm

Thanks so much! please tell if you can get it working and what is/ isnt compatible. If you can make a guide that would be even more appreciated. good luck! :thumbsup_anim:

any news on the netbook? Did you get it to work? sorry for acting impatient but i really want this netbook and wherever else i looked and on like hackintosh.org and hackint0sh.org and like 5 other sites that i made forums on this i found nothing.

Your post gave me hope and i hope you have luck in your hackintoshing this awesome machine and be sure to post back on this forum when you get around to trying it out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i have tried it. i used the iPC distro and i inststalled with efi bootloader, but there are no driver support for the network, both. lan and wlan or blutooth

i dident get audio to work, but i found out that there is support for the video card in 1366' res with  hardware 

. tochpad with tapping works to.

can anyone please make some kext files for the missing hardware? i am willing to pay the person who makes it possible to run a full osx..

Rico

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Just wondering if anyone else has taken a stab at this yet. I bought the same laptop a few weeks ago and have spent the past week trying to install OSX on it. I was able to get Snow Leopard installed and everything works fine except for audio, wlan and lan. Bluetooth worked fine for me and I will try to get the propper resolution, currently at 1024X768.

Would be great if someone can share some kexts that they know will work for this laptop.

Much appreciated. Thanks!!

• 6 months later...
Hi, Just wondering if anyone else has taken a stab at this yet. I bought the same laptop a few weeks ago and have spent the past week trying to install OSX on it. I was able to get Snow Leopard installed and everything works fine except for audio, wlan and lan. Bluetooth worked fine for me and I will try to get the propper resolution, currently at 1024X768.

Would be great if someone can share some kexts that they know will work for this laptop.

Much appreciated. Thanks!!

hi, i have kext for video. 1366x768 work :-)

RadeonHD.kext.zip

• 1 month later...
hi, i have kext for video. 1366x768 work :-)

Can anyone confirm this is a proper driver or is it just a kext that allows the native resolution?

LAN is Atheros AR8131 I believe which there is an OSX driver for.

Audio is Realtek ALC but which model? It should be fine with kext

Wifi card is what? And does anyone know if its full size miniPCIE or half size?

• 3 weeks later...

I successfully installed snow leopard 10.6.5 on ferrari one 200. Use iatkos 10.6.3 s3 and then upgrade to 10.6.5 via software update, then use legacy kernel 10.5.0. Use kernel flag Graphics Mode to specify your resolution, since there will not be a driver for the integreted card so far. Webcame, Airport, ethernet, audio(but crackle, unless you use yes > /dev/null in the terminal), all works. However, there are some problems with MIC, video chat in iChat, but ok in gtalk. When playing videos and youtube, the refresh rate is intolerable.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to install iATKOS S3 10.6.3 on Acer Ferrari ONE 200 but it did not work.

Installation will be no problem but when you see the apple laptop restarts.

Anyone got a HDD image? Does anybody have a functional and tested Mac OS X 10.6.5 on Acer Ferrari One 200?