Asus DSDT Sleep Solutions

glitchbit

3 posts in this topic

UPDATE

I have fixed it!! Between reading posts made by 67GTA at ubuntuforums and The King who posts here I was able to find all the entries that needed updating/renaming!! And this is likely applicable to many Asus laptops (don't use my dsdt unless you own the G2S-A1 though!!). Also nawcom helped me out, not sure exactly which changes he made, but I believe if you are to look at The King's dsdt.aml (decompile it to .dsl using iaslme) that you will find under the _GPE method that there is differing PRW entries that you need to update..

My DSDT file is attached to this post, if you would like to know how I did it so you can attempt it on yours then read below, but realize it is just an outline and you will need to open my dsl file with yours side by side. Also I do not have time atm to be fixing various dsdt files, especially those that are not Asus dsdt files.. I have a java assignment I really ought to be working on so.. good luck!

G2S_A1_SleepLid_DSDT.zip - Sleep Lid fix, I just now fixed it so that it will sleep when Lid closes

G2S_A1_DSDT.zip - Note if you close the lid without sleeping the backlight shuts off, but it does not sleep

How I Figured it out - Read this if you want to know what is involved to write your own dsdt

So you will need to look for these entries or methods in your own dsdt.dsl (which you can extract using dsdt patcher).

1. _WAK (return needs to be replaced)

2. _GPE & PRW (not sure, nawcom did this part, but I think some things, maybe all is referred to in step 3)

3. click on csharpmac's link below and make sure to rename everything as it says (if you can), although for the USB section I used what king used which is UCH instead of OHC or EHC. (And I numbered UCH in order from UCH1 through 5)

[maybe optional? and it should prevent you from needing nvkush or nvinject]

4. VGA (you will want to copy a chunk of code in from King's file but make sure to change the nvram value, his is set at 20 which is 512, mine is set for 10 because it is 256)

Sorry for nothing amazingly detailed, but basically if you just step your way through it and make sure you get things renamed right and that when you copy and paste your code make sure that when it refers to various variables that they actually exist.. by running a search for them.

Basically you need to get your dsdl.dsl file and compare it to mine or King's aml file (use iaslme to decompile aml's to dsl or to compile dsl to aml)

Good Luck!

references

King's post (Owns an Asus laptop and fixed the sleep issue!)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1048376

csharpmac (refers to the entries you need to rename)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1283590

67GTA (refers to general, common mistakes made that cause a buggy DSDT)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8183562#post8183562

--------------------------

[old]

Right now I am just trying to figure out what area of the DSDT I should look at modifying first.

Here is what I can tell you, I have an Asus G2S-A1 and it does wake back up but the screen is blank and the power button is not responsive unless I hold it down to forcefully shutdown. Normally when you press the power button and the 'S' it will go back into sleep mode however that does not happen when it wakes up from sleep mode, nor does anything get logged in the console.

This tells me 1 thing, the OS is never loading back up at all. I do not just have a blank screen, the whole OS is not coming back. I only have 3gbs of ram in this laptop btw. I have tried disabling all sorts of things and various kext files from iDeneb, I have also disabled and re-enabled a lot in my BIOS settings. I have also booted into safe mode to see if the sleep mode works but to no avail nothing works.

Having said all this does anyone know of a likely area to start modifying in my DSDT

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks! That worked for me. My computer is now able to sleep in Snow Leopard!

UPDATE

I have fixed it!! Between reading posts made by 67GTA at ubuntuforums and The King who posts here I was able to find all the entries that needed updating/renaming!! And this is likely applicable to many Asus laptops (don't use my dsdt unless you own the G2S-A1 though!!). Also nawcom helped me out, not sure exactly which changes he made, but I believe if you are to look at The King's dsdt.aml (decompile it to .dsl using iaslme) that you will find under the _GPE method that there is differing PRW entries that you need to update..

My DSDT file is attached to this post, if you would like to know how I did it so you can attempt it on yours then read below, but realize it is just an outline and you will need to open my dsl file with yours side by side. Also I do not have time atm to be fixing various dsdt files, especially those that are not Asus dsdt files.. I have a java assignment I really ought to be working on so.. good luck!

G2S_A1_SleepLid_DSDT.zip - Sleep Lid fix, I just now fixed it so that it will sleep when Lid closes

G2S_A1_DSDT.zip - Note if you close the lid without sleeping the backlight shuts off, but it does not sleep

How I Figured it out - Read this if you want to know what is involved to write your own dsdt

So you will need to look for these entries or methods in your own dsdt.dsl (which you can extract using dsdt patcher).

1. _WAK (return needs to be replaced)

2. _GPE & PRW (not sure, nawcom did this part, but I think some things, maybe all is referred to in step 3)

3. click on csharpmac's link below and make sure to rename everything as it says (if you can), although for the USB section I used what king used which is UCH instead of OHC or EHC. (And I numbered UCH in order from UCH1 through 5)

[maybe optional? and it should prevent you from needing nvkush or nvinject]

4. VGA (you will want to copy a chunk of code in from King's file but make sure to change the nvram value, his is set at 20 which is 512, mine is set for 10 because it is 256)

Sorry for nothing amazingly detailed, but basically if you just step your way through it and make sure you get things renamed right and that when you copy and paste your code make sure that when it refers to various variables that they actually exist.. by running a search for them.

Basically you need to get your dsdl.dsl file and compare it to mine or King's aml file (use iaslme to decompile aml's to dsl or to compile dsl to aml)

Good Luck!

references

King's post (Owns an Asus laptop and fixed the sleep issue!)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1048376

csharpmac (refers to the entries you need to rename)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1283590

67GTA (refers to general, common mistakes made that cause a buggy DSDT)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8183562#post8183562

--------------------------

[old]

Right now I am just trying to figure out what area of the DSDT I should look at modifying first.

Here is what I can tell you, I have an Asus G2S-A1 and it does wake back up but the screen is blank and the power button is not responsive unless I hold it down to forcefully shutdown. Normally when you press the power button and the 'S' it will go back into sleep mode however that does not happen when it wakes up from sleep mode, nor does anything get logged in the console.

This tells me 1 thing, the OS is never loading back up at all. I do not just have a blank screen, the whole OS is not coming back. I only have 3gbs of ram in this laptop btw. I have tried disabling all sorts of things and various kext files from iDeneb, I have also disabled and re-enabled a lot in my BIOS settings. I have also booted into safe mode to see if the sleep mode works but to no avail nothing works.

Having said all this does anyone know of a likely area to start modifying in my DSDT