OS-X on a Asus Aspire

j0k3r

10 posts in this topic

Same here! Sorry i cant help you myself but i really to hackintosh the aspire 1410. From what i understand the celeron proccesor is a dual core right? Is the celeron m also a dual core?

Oh and ive read somewhere that the gma4500 graphics card thats in it is a big issue as no one ever made a real driver for it with quarts extreme but some people got it to work. There are many forums for this if you to drivers -> graphics cards -> intel

Edit: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181895 <-- this forum seems to have the answer for the graphics card but as for the processor i am unsure and couldnt find any info on it.

• 1 month later...
Hi @ all,

Is there a way, to get an OS-X on my Acer Aspire 1410 ( http://us.acer.com/acer/productv.do?Langua...;CRC=1346651341 )

I have the one with a Dual Celeron SU2300 CPU. I have installed a long time ago, on my Win Machine a KalyWay Version, but I dunno if I can do it the same way :/

I have an 1810TZ, and I'm going to try installing this over the next week or two. I will report back on how I go. There has been some success with 1410t/1810t and the iATKOS v7 distribution, followed by a patch to get native resolution working (1366x768).

That said, there still appears to be issues with the following:

* HDMI

* Wifi

* LAN

USB and Bluetooth apparantly both work. Nevertheless, having OSX working even without internet is still useful for a lot of things (like iPhone development or general computer usage), since you can move files using an external HDD or USB drive anyway.

I'm going to take an image of my machine (currently running Win 7) before I potentially break it trying to install OSX!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From what i've read in other forums the 1410 (all models) have os x installed on them successfully with near full functionality including native reslolution and wifi once a different card was installed. I'm also going to be trying a 1810tz soon so ill keep you posted about that work in progress.

• 4 months later...
Same here! Sorry i cant help you myself but i really to hackintosh the aspire 1410. From what i understand the celeron proccesor is a dual core right? Is the celeron m also a dual core?

Oh and ive read somewhere that the gma4500 graphics card thats in it is a big issue as no one ever made a real driver for it with quarts extreme but some people got it to work. There are many forums for this if you to drivers -> graphics cards -> intel

Edit: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181895 <-- this forum seems to have the answer for the graphics card but as for the processor i am unsure and couldnt find any info on it.

I have an aspire 1410 and i have managed to get iatkos 5i onto it with some problems that i have fixed. The only things that dont work are: the intel wifi card, atheros lan card, sleep, and some other small things. If you get a copy of iatkos it works the best on this computer. i am still trying to play with it to get my full processor power but other wise it works fine for small stuff. the install is also easy aswell. make a partition in windows, reboot your computer into the dvd, re format the partition for mac os extended(journaled), select what you want to install which you should have the smae choices selectted that i have but you guys might know more than me, install and you will have a dual boot of windows and mac os leopard 10.5.5. if you want i can make a video with more detailed instructions

• 5 months later...