GIGABYTE EG45M-DS2H

Superman64

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone:

Special thanks to Lifehacker and Stella's Blog for a perfectly working Snow Leopard on the GIGABYTE EG45M-DS2H.

:):D:) :) :)

Here is my hardware listing:

Motherboard GIGABYTE EG45M-DS2H

Video Card BFG GEFORCE 9800 GT 1GB

Network Card TRENDNET GIGABIT TEG-PCITXR

Memory 4GB DDR2 SDRAM

CPU INTEL QUAD CORE 2.66

Bluetooth IOGEAR GBU421W6

DVD Drive SAMSUNG SH-S223B

I have installed the Lifehacker bootloader on an 8GB memory stick and Snow Leopard on a 500GB SATA drive.

This system configuration is working perfectly. NO kernel panics, NO crashes of any kind. Video card at first required an EFI string from EFI Studio, but since the October release from Stella, no EFI string required.

What I am looking for and hope you guys can help me, is a matx mobo that will work with the Lifehacker bootloader, and that has onboard graphics that will work with Snow Leopard, maybe Geforce 9400m or something similar.

Thanks in advance............... :D

• 3 weeks later...
Hey everyone:

Special thanks to Lifehacker and Stella's Blog for a perfectly working Snow Leopard on the GIGABYTE EG45M-DS2H.

:D:):):):)

Here is my hardware listing:

Motherboard GIGABYTE EG45M-DS2H

Video Card BFG GEFORCE 9800 GT 1GB

Network Card TRENDNET GIGABIT TEG-PCITXR

Memory 4GB DDR2 SDRAM

CPU INTEL QUAD CORE 2.66

Bluetooth IOGEAR GBU421W6

DVD Drive SAMSUNG SH-S223B

I have installed the Lifehacker bootloader on an 8GB memory stick and Snow Leopard on a 500GB SATA drive.

This system configuration is working perfectly. NO kernel panics, NO crashes of any kind. Video card at first required an EFI string from EFI Studio, but since the October release from Stella, no EFI string required.

What I am looking for and hope you guys can help me, is a matx mobo that will work with the Lifehacker bootloader, and that has onboard graphics that will work with Snow Leopard, maybe Geforce 9400m or something similar.

Thanks in advance............... :D

Hello ! I have same mainboard, but i have problems with sound. A small tutorial and used kext ? Please !

Hello ! I have same mainboard, but i have problems with sound. A small tutorial and used kext ? Please !

Well, I've really haven't done anything special at all. I simply created a disk image of the Retail Snow Leopard intstaller and used Disk Utility to write it to a memory stick. I then ran the Lifehacker installer (October release from Stella's Blog), which installs the boot loader on the memory stick. Make sure you set your bios as outlined in the Lifehacker writeup.

Boot from memory stick and install a clean snow leopard onto hard drive.

I installed the boot loader on a small clean memory stick for booting into SL, in order to keep the SL install on the hard drive totally vanilla. I've used no additional kext's at all.

For your sound, go into System Preferences, Sound, Output and try different sound output devices until you find the one that works. I'm using the 'Internal Speakers' device.

Sup......

Well, I've really haven't done anything special at all. I simply created a disk image of the Retail Snow Leopard intstaller and used Disk Utility to write it to a memory stick. I then ran the Lifehacker installer (October release from Stella's Blog), which installs the boot loader on the memory stick. Make sure you set your bios as outlined in the Lifehacker writeup.

Boot from memory stick and install a clean snow leopard onto hard drive.

I installed the boot loader on a small clean memory stick for booting into SL, in order to keep the SL install on the hard drive totally vanilla. I've used no additional kext's at all.

For your sound, go into System Preferences, Sound, Output and try different sound output devices until you find the one that works. I'm using the 'Internal Speakers' device.

Sup......

Thanks a lot ! I'll try soon.

• 8 months later...
Thanks a lot ! I'll try soon.

Superman I've the same motherboard and I made a bootable USB stick like the "lifehackermethod" but I can't boot from that usb-stick. I use F12 to choose for USB_HDD startup but the system can't see the stick. How can I make this stick bootable fotr my EG45M-DS2H motherboard. Please help

Same method described above have used it myself. Then image with Leo Snow put it on the first partition of another drive and do installation from it. Major problem I have with sound card, but for now, with 10.6.4. I use voodoohda. Thanks ...