HPFailed Lifehacker method for Pavilion DV6500 Intel: Snow leopard installation ?how

erosennin

4 posts in this topic

laptop specs DV6500 Intel core Duo with windows vista

managed to setup the USB flashdrive bootable Snow Leopard installer using the lifehacker method ('the one with no hacking required') i've already changed the bios

When i tried to install it, the screen just goes black with a waiting cursor. and.. nothing happens.. surprise.

could use tips

'newbie to hackintosh'

laptop specs DV6500 Intel core Duo with windows vista

managed to setup the USB flashdrive bootable Snow Leopard installer using the lifehacker method ('the one with no hacking required') i've already changed the bios

When i tried to install it, the screen just goes black with a waiting cursor. and.. nothing happens.. surprise.

could use tips

'newbie to hackintosh'

I don't mean this in a rude way...but the lifehacker method pretty clearly states that it is meant for the specific hardware listed (especially the mobo)...so...I'm no expert (at all) but I'm pretty sure this method ain't gonna work for you.

anyone out there successfully installed SL without installing 10.5 first on a DV6500 Pavilion?

I don't mean this in a rude way...but the lifehacker method pretty clearly states that it is meant for the specific hardware listed (especially the mobo)...so...I'm no expert (at all) but I'm pretty sure this method ain't gonna work for you.

• 3 weeks later...
anyone out there successfully installed SL without installing 10.5 first on a DV6500 Pavilion?

Yeah mate I used enik's boot usb (has 2 video guides to create it) which is intended for use on the Asus EeePC 1000he but it is able to boot up my DV6521TX HP Pavillion.

I found that the installation failed saying it could not set the startup drive but that didn't matter since I was going to install Chameleon 2.0 rc3 anyway.

I followed his instructions in part 2 and it now boots fine.

I applied an custom EFI string using OSx86Tools and added it in my com.apple.boot.plist in the /Extra folder.

I have full 1280x800 resolution. I noticed that prior to using the string I had control over the brightness and now after using the string the brightness hotkeys hang the laptop.

I'm still looking to find a good combo of kexts to do up a kext pack for this model range dv6500.

Help would be appreciated guys.