still waiting for root device

Silvos

6 posts in this topic

Hello

I have installed os x86 using deadmoo's image. I have opened that image in transmac and applied the patches in transmac. After dd'ing the image, it boots up and works properly. Upon the second reboot I get this error in verbose mode "still waiting for root device"

I have tried rd=disk0s2 and I think that means disk 0 partition 2, this is where I have installed the image"

After rd=disk0s2 command I still get the "still waiting for root device" error.

I have installed the trial verison of macdrive and am going to try and edit boot.plist with rd=drive0s1 which in that drive i think would be correct.

I am out of ideas, oh and btw i have removed the AppleIntel* extensions as well as all ATI and Nvidia

Thanks

One more thing....

On this Image that I'm using I do not use deadmoos account.. at the -s prompt after the boot loader loads I type the following

mount -uw /

cd /private/var/db/netinfo

mv local.nidb local.old

rm ../.AppleSetupDone

So at first boot this allows me to create my own account.

Could this have anything to do with the "still waiting on boot device" error?

One more thing....

On this Image that I'm using I do not use deadmoos account.. at the -s prompt after the boot loader loads I type the following

mount -uw /

cd /private/var/db/netinfo

mv local.nidb local.old

rm ../.AppleSetupDone

So at first boot this allows me to create my own account.

Could this have anything to do with the "still waiting on boot device" error?

I had a similar problem.

My IDE drive I loaded the image on was on Slave so I changed the Jumper to Master then it booted fine. I was getting the 'Waiting for Root Device' error.

Kev

I had a similar problem. 

My IDE drive I loaded the image on was on Slave so I changed the Jumper to Master then it booted fine. I was getting the 'Waiting for Root Device' error.

Kev

I checked out my drives, I have two, the master drive is properly jumpered to master and the slave drive is properly jumpered to slave.

Just for fun I tried setting up the jumpering to cable select and I get the same "still waiting for root device"

Thanks for the suggestion!!