Lenovo ideapad S12

matteusclement

3 posts in this topic

So I got a Lenovo S12 netbook working using iDeneb LITE v1.6

Sound, wifi, USB, mic and the trackpad (kinda)

Using the Voodoo track pad kext, I made the trackpad work (which it didn't on install) but now it's in HYPER mode and the sensitity is CRANKED. Can't seem to change it in the settings because everytime I make a change, it crashes (sys pref).

SO, I am stuck right now with a hyper mouse. I plan on using a BT dongle and mouse anyways since I use alot of photoshop and webbrowsing.

NEXT is the screen. What a mess. It works. The res in sys pref says it's 1024xwhatever but I have tried every method on this board to get it to the apparently best rez it can at 1280x800. Tried to boot into single user and set graphics mode with no luck. Tried modding my kexts. No luck. Maybe the screen IS AT the full res and the OS is reading it wrong. It just looks a little blocky. I can't really remember what it looked like on windows. Screen dimming and brightness works. Volume works.

INTEL GMA950 is what it is supposed to use. But I find info here and there about GMA 945's. WTF?

Boot time seems to be long. Don't know what that is about. Could it just be the 1.8ghz processor? I really want to move to a SSD drive since I don't need that much storage space. That SHOULD speed it up.

So it works, but I wish it worked BETTER.

I am waiting on my express 45 card with Firewire to see if I can use logic with my M-Audio 1815 interface. That has me pretty pumped.

Just more of a "put it out there" than anything else. It seems as though there is NO INFO on the S12 which is sad since it is a sexy little netbook with a full keyboard and screen. 2gigs of ram too!

Suggestions on the GMA950 or the HYPER trackpad?

• 2 months later...

I have the trackpad working perfectly on my S12 using the ApplePS2Trackpad kext - it supports everything but gestures, and the sensitivity is spot-on.

For the GMA950, do you have AppleIntelGMA950.kext and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext? The versions I am aware of work with SL, so YMMV.

How did you get the wireless working? I cannot, for the life of me, get wireless working on my S12. Did you just use the brcm43xx script? Would really appreciate your help on this issue.