3Com 3C90x working in 10.6

CJP2

8 posts in this topic

I have my onboard ethernet working fine but always had this old 3Com (3c905 100BaseTX [boomerang]) that always worked natively since 10.4 as an additional port but Snow broke it. After looking around for a few days it finally occurred to me to check what the difference was between the two IONetworkingFamily.kext. The new version that came with Snow didn't have Apple3Com3C90x.kext in it's plugins folder!

S/L/E/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns

Just copy the snow version to your desktop from your extensions, make sure your device ID is in the info.plist

of the 3com kext from 10.5.x and add it to IONetwork. Use Terminal or Kext Helper to reinstall, repair permissions and bang - You'll immediately be notified of a new network connection.

Enjoy

Kext attached for those who don't have Leopard, just read above where it goes.

Apple3Com3C90x.kext.zip

• 3 weeks later...
I have my onboard ethernet working fine but always had this old 3Com (3c905 100BaseTX [boomerang]) that always worked natively since 10.4 as an additional port but Snow broke it. After looking around for a few days it finally occurred to me to check what the difference was between the two IONetworkingFamily.kext. The new version that came with Snow didn't have Apple3Com3C90x.kext in it's plugins folder!

S/L/E/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns

Just copy the snow version to your desktop from your extensions, make sure your device ID is in the info.plist

of the 3com kext from 10.5.x and add it to IONetwork. Use Terminal or Kext Helper to reinstall, repair permissions and bang - You'll immediately be notified of a new network connection.

Enjoy

Kext attached for those who don't have Leopard, just read above where it goes.

Hi

not works for snow 64 bit :(.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...