Radeon 7000 PCI on 10.5

WeeJeWel

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to configure this card to run as a second card next to my 8800GT for a third monitor. However, I had no luck with getting it to work so far.

What I have tried:

- Flash the card to a Mac edition. Didn't work, since the final step -where you update the rom- needs a Mac below 10.2.8. I don't have one.

- Edit ATIRadeon.kext and add my card id's (VEN 1002 DEV 5159)

Now I'm out of ideas. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

WeeJeWel

card is too old wont work

And the Mac edition works out of the box eh? There must be a way to get it working.. adding some strings would do the trick I think, but where?

Or how to let the flash app think it's running 10.2.8? Editing SystemVersion.plist didn't do the trick =(

• 8 months later...

I assume nothing has changed since OS X 10.6 was released, as the only kexts I have found for the Radeon 7000 have been for PPC versions of 10.4. I have an old PCI Mac edition lying around that I'd like to use to drive a third monitor (at least until the X4500 driver gets sorted out, and I can use onboard video on my Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L), but I'm not having any luck. System Profiler recognizes it as an ATi card, but reports that it is also a Realtek NIC?!

If anyone has made any headway with one of these, I am all ears. (I apologize for bumping such an old thread, but it's the only mention of a PCI Radeon 7000 I found.)