8111C LAN not working P43-ES3G

macmatt79

4 posts in this topic

I used Lifehackers method to get SL 10.6 installed on my machine and everything seems to work fine except I can not get network connection to the internet. The Ethernet keeps assigning itself a 169.. Address. The only difference between Lifehackers setup is the motherboard but the both use the same 8111C chip-set. My mother board is the P43-ES3G.

Any ideas on what could be wrong??

• 2 weeks later...
generate your own DSDT.dsl file using DSDT Patcher, then compile it using Iasl, then drop the output DSDT.aml to your root. you will have ethernet

I have the same motherboard, and having the same issue, how do you use dsdt patcher and compile, will that also fix sound. Thanks for the great help.

• 3 weeks later...
generate your own DSDT.dsl file using DSDT Patcher, then compile it using Iasl, then drop the output DSDT.aml to your root. you will have ethernet

How would this work? The DSDT that came with the Lifehacker install has a Device (LAN) section in, which isn't present in an exported DSDT from an EP45- UD3P or EXTREME bios, suggesting this was custom added in later.