X3100 won't wake from sleep

taftie12

11 posts in this topic

Hello. I have Intel GMA X3100 graphics on a GM965 express chipset (Gateway T-6836 laptop). I have dual booted Vista x64 with iDeneb 10.5.8 Lite Edition (Vanilla Kernel). Everything works except that when I wake the computer from sleep, all I see is a black screen. It goes to sleep successfully with the help of pista7's SleepEnabler kext for 10.5.8, but when I wake it up, LED's come on, fan starts up, HD starts spinning, but no response from the display. I have tried to use the "Sleep Display" hot corner trick to get it to wake up, but no success. I have "Restart automatically after power failure" checked. I think it's my graphics, but how can I know its not USB or Audio or Optical drive that's preventing my screen from waking up? All tests done from manual sleep (Apple menu). Please help!

1.download Superhai´s Voodoo USBEHCI from here and follow the instructions exactly.

2. create dsdt.aml on root and delete any disabler kexts. - a must to get it working in 10.5.8

3. if still no go - try to change the hibernation settings in terminal

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 1 or sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3

delete you sleepimage

sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage and reboot.

1.download Superhai´s Voodoo USBEHCI from here and follow the instructions exactly.

2. create dsdt.aml on root and delete any disabler kexts. - a must to get it working in 10.5.8

3. if still no go - try to change the hibernation settings in terminal

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 1 or sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3

delete you sleepimage

sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage and reboot.

Thank you for your help. I downloaded and installed VoodooUSBEHCI according to Superhai's instructions, then rebooted. That didn't solve the issue. I was wondering though: The USBEHCI readme says to insert those two lines underneath <key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>3.1.5</string>

but my info.plist said <key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>3.4.6</string>

Does this matter?

As for Step 2 that you provided, could you clarify? I'm not sure what dsdt.aml is or how to create it. I've heard of DSDT patching, but never learned how to do it. Perhaps you can point me to a thread that will explain further? (I'm a bit of a newb).

Thanks again!

Thank you for your help. I downloaded and installed VoodooUSBEHCI according to Superhai's instructions, then rebooted. That didn't solve the issue. I was wondering though: The USBEHCI readme says to insert those two lines underneath <key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>3.1.5</string>

but my info.plist said <key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>3.4.6</string>

Does this matter?

No - doesn´t matter

As for Step 2 that you provided, could you clarify? I'm not sure what dsdt.aml is or how to create it. I've heard of DSDT patching, but never learned how to do it. Perhaps you can point me to a thread that will explain further? (I'm a bit of a newb).

That is the reason it is still not working - I pointed you to the right direction. please use searchenginge.

http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=00948655...297:e41g72sr-ba

you will find tons of information´s and how to´s about dsdt .

get fassl´s dsdt patcher http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=133683

No - doesn´t matter

That is the reason it is still not working - I pointed you to the right direction. please use searchenginge.

http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=00948655...297:e41g72sr-ba

you will find tons of information´s and how to´s about dsdt .

get fassl´s dsdt patcher http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=133683

Right, sorry. So I downloaded PCWIZ's DSDT Patcher GUI based on fassl's patcher because I thought GUI would be easier for noobs. But when I run the patcher, it says something like "failed to build DSDT.aml, check the log file." I looked at the log file, which made no sense to me, except I saw a lot of "device does not exist." Then I tried again checking the box "Force build." I get a DSDT.aml file and I put it in my root folder. I then deleted Disabler.kext (disables AppleIntelCPUPM) like you said. But then when I reboot, I get a KP due to AppleIntelCPUPM. Am I doing something wrong in the patching process?

EDIT: I just realized that my DSDT.aml file is 0kb. I must have done something wrong. I also uploaded the build.log from my first try, had to change extension to .txt because InsanlyMac wouldn't let me upload a .log file: build.txt

Hey peach_os thank you for all of your help, but I don't think I need it anymore. The strangest thing just happened. Sleep just worked. All of a sudden, out of the blue. I was just finishing checking my e-mail (to see if there you responded to this thread yet :)) and out of habit, I slept the computer from my keyboard (fn+f3). I immediately realized my "mistake," but to my amazement, the computer was properly sleeping. I had changed nothing since my last testing of sleep. After weeks of searching for a solution, I'm just glad it works. So thanks again, but I'm all set without patching DSDT!

See, I would like to, but I'm not exactly sure why it's working... First I tried to just install VoodooUSBEHCI.kext and edit the info.plist myself. Then, after a failed attempt at patching DSDT, I completely re-installed. That's where I saw VoodooUSBEHCI under the fix section when Customizing the install. Maybe since I installed this kext when installing the OS, it worked for some reason?

Note: Audio is all weird after, using VoodooHDA

Doesn't auto-sleep (not a big deal for me)

Now just need to get two-finger scroll working and I have a fully functional Hackintosh! :)