ju421019

5 posts in this topic

Hi - I have the following components/items:

1. Gigabyte G31M-ES2L Motherboard

2. E5200 Processor

3. Nvidia 7900 GS (256MB) Video Card

4. 4GB Patriot Viper Memory

5. Seagate 500GB Hard Drive

6. A 10.5 .dmg file on a Windows PC Machine.

I believe I first need to burn the .dmg file to a dual layer dvd using transmac.

My question is can I place that file on a USB?

Also, what guide should I use that is most effective and efficient. If someone could point me to a link, that would be great.

Thanks!

Hi - I have the following components/items:

1. Gigabyte G31M-ES2L Motherboard

2. E5200 Processor

3. Nvidia 7900 GS (256MB) Video Card

4. 4GB Patriot Viper Memory

5. Seagate 500GB Hard Drive

6. A 10.5 .dmg file on a Windows PC Machine.

I believe I first need to burn the .dmg file to a dual layer dvd using transmac.

My question is can I place that file on a USB?

Also, what guide should I use that is most effective and efficient. If someone could point me to a link, that would be great.

Thanks!

I still consider myself a n00b but I used the guide located at: http://www.infinitemac.com/f19/guide-gigab...tutorial-t3187/

I still don't have my nVidia Quadro FX3450 working, but that's because I don't have a full understanding of what the hell I'm doing yet. Also, I don't know anything about installing off of a USB drive. I burned a retail dmg to a dual layer using transmac.

Good Luck :)

Thanks for the reply.

I guess my first step from what I read is to decompress the .dmg file and then burn using transmac.

Just to be clear to decompress the file I right click in Transmac and click 'Expand' - save the file to another location - and that is the file to burn?