Help... 10.6 Retail Install on MSI Eclipse SLI

a.barbarich

5 posts in this topic

Hi all

I'm a bit stuck... I have spent the day trying to compile various bits of information/boot-loaders/kexts that would in-turn be suitable for my OSx86ing my new Rig

These are the specs:-

Core I7 Nehalem 920 (Not Overclocked or anything) HyperThreading Enabled - C1E Disabled (i dont know what this does)

3 x 2gb 1600 DDR3 Corsair Ram. non ecc cl7 (i think) (some fancy stuff that has big black heat syncs on them)

3 x 1TB Seagate Baracuda 7200 rpm HDDs (2 of which are in Intel ICH10R Raid 0) and one as a Standalong

1 x 250gb Seagate Baracude 7200rpm (OSX86 HDD)

2 x XFX HD4890 1gb running in Crossfire

I finally found variant that seemed to finnally allow me to boot thru to the SL setup/installer - Chameleon cdboot (boot132) for 10.6

In the Preboot.dmg i only had the kexts that the author of that thread had distributed it with...

First shot failed wouldn't even boot the installer... this was due to me having RAID still enabled not AHCI (which is a problem as a need IHC10R Raid for when im running Vista...

Second Shot failed as i booted without using the "-v cpus=1 busratio=20" flags

Third time went a charm.... or so i thought..

Got most of the wa osx86 y thru the Install when all of a sudden 19 minutes to go.. the Blue Animated progress bar was suddenly no longer animated.. everything stalled and then a Window with a Exclaimation mark popped up basically said that the setup couldn't get the support files needed... WTF? this disc is defiantly good.. as i installed it on my Macbook earlier that day...

What else can i do..

i dont really want to put 10.5.7 on just to upgrade it to 10.6 straight away

Can any one enlighten me on anything else i could change... I cant think of anything else

post-348142-1252227667_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well

Thanks to your Myriad of replies *insert Sarcasm icon here*

i was able to get this up and running working pretty Damn well.. just a few minor niggles to sort and get out of the way

Not one walk thru i have read on the net has helped me in its entiretly.. i had to culminated several to make it work but now shes a mean machine! :rolleyes:

will post up some details later on to help anyone else with this mobo..

FYI according to all my reasearch so far X-FI Soundcard wont work at all.. regardless...

• 1 month later...
Well

Thanks to your Myriad of replies *insert Sarcasm icon here*

i was able to get this up and running working pretty Damn well.. just a few minor niggles to sort and get out of the way

Not one walk thru i have read on the net has helped me in its entiretly.. i had to culminated several to make it work but now shes a mean machine! :unsure:

will post up some details later on to help anyone else with this mobo..

FYI according to all my reasearch so far X-FI Soundcard wont work at all.. regardless...

I've been trying to get it to work on the same mobo for a few months now.

Could you explain how you got it to work?

I've been trying to get it to work on the same mobo for a few months now.

Could you explain how you got it to work?

I used a few guides for other Mobos and basically hybrid'd what they had done..

but it required a 8GB USB Stick

a Pre-existing Macintosh to Restore a Actual Retail Disk to the 8gb stick

then install Chameleon on to the USB stick as either a EFI Partition or Straight on the Normal Partition

I used pretty Standard Kexts in the Chameleon Booter to get it going also

I have however temporarily given up running OSX for two reasons

1. Im struggling to boot OSX86 while Raid mode is selected and i CBF changing bios between Raid and AHCI everytime i want to switch in to Mac.

2. the Other Reason is i now have a Radeon 5870 and at present there is no such support for this card under OSX however my 4890s worked primo