Succesful retail install, issues

4 posts in this topic

I recently install Snow Leopard on my pc using a bootloader and the install went succesful. When i boot back into Snow Leopard using the bootloader I experience several problems. I cannot install any applications; when i get to the end of the installation the install fails, therefore i cannot install a permanent bootloader. Also, I cannot install .kexts. I have tried using OSx86 Tools and copying them to the extensions folder and neither one of these methods have worked. Along with this, every time i boot I get a CMOS checksum error from my motherboard. This is a fairly new build, and I have only had it for about a week. Everything was working fine on Leopard, but when I switched to Snow Leopard all of these problems started. If you have and solutions to these problems I am experiencing I would really appreciate it.

1. Use Kext Utility to rebuild kext permissions and the cache after you install them. Or do it manually if you want. Snow is very sensitive to any permissions issues.

2. To fix the CMOS checksum, you need to patch you DSDT for RTC length. There are several guides on how to this on this site.