Snow Leopard root device problem ...

imax64

1 post in this topic

Greets 2 all ...

Under an Intel Core 2 Duo coupled to an Asus P5B-E Plus Motherboard i've got 4 hard-drives ... After reading the tutorial here http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-inst...-on-a-pc-t3137/ i've decided to install Snow Leo on my least favourite hard(smallest)... as iPC's OSx86 10.5.6 was already instaled on the second partition in that drive ...

First partition was a linux ...and i've formated with disk utility to install SL (as followed the tutorial, the boot partiton remains the second one)

Said and done ... in 4 hours of hard work i managed to install SL and pass a (very) large number of errors ... such as the nullcpupowermanagement ... solved with a proper configuration of my radeon hd 4850, a kernel panic that netkas solved with his updated PIIATA kext and others...

however ...one remained .. "still waiting for root device"...

i tried the following methods:

copy from my original 10.5.6 install *ata* kexts to SL's Extentions... No result!

there was no rd=disk0 command in my original Boot.plist so ... no reason to add one to SL ...No result!

boot safemode / x32 bit ... No result!

As i furthered my research i found worth mentioning that the hard drive which served for installing ...is GUI partitoned ... but is mounted on RAID (ATA, normal IDE mode via Motherboard's JMicron chip) as there was no room for normal mounting...

Please help ...