Migration Assistant

xboogerx

3 posts in this topic

I just installed iDeneb v1.6 10.5.8 lite edition.

Got everything working network, graphics card. I very happy.

My backup is an internal drive that I used Time Machine automatically backup my main OS hard drive.

I'm trying to get Migration Assistant to transfer all my data from the Time Machine backup, from my previous hackintosh system. After about an hour of it seemly work correctly it fails right at the end (about a minute) something about the network.

I know on my old hackintosh system I had a problem with get Time Machine to work. I don't this I have that problem with the new setup.

any ideas?

thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi XboogerX !

;)

I just finished setting up my Gygabyte P35 DS3R with iDeneb 1.6 lite. Pretty easy and (lot of thanks to the dev) painless setup ... except for the audio (ALC889A).

After several attempts with alternative drivers catched here around, I've got the mic-in and spk-out working (in the pref panel it doesn't let me get in the audio setup) by using the drivers in the iPC 10.5.6 DVD.

About the Migration Assistant :P I'm experiencing the same problem you have.

I have two backups that I've used to try, a Time Machine backup (on a S-Ata HDD, Intel ICH-9 recognized as ICH-8) and the previous HDD that I was working with, it's a 500 GB Barracuda that I've tried to get connected by the Intel S-Ata, by the JMicron S-Ata and through an external USB adapter.

Each HDD was properly working but after a few minutes my Hacky showh me the dark grey screen (of death?)

:D

I've also tried to save either the user account only or the applications, most of the times it crashes, sometimes it just freezes.

I've also tried different kernels, from 9.4 to 9.8 vanilla, which I'm using now, different patches, too, but still stuck with that.

Hoping somehow for a :help: , I'll keep on trying, :D than post some more info if it will work. (It's the only post I've found discussing this issue)

CIAOO !!!

:D

Other info:

DVD: Pioneer DVR 111D (as Apple shipping unit)

Intel C2D 6320, 1,87 GHz

Audio: ALC 889A, partially working as described above

nVidia 9500GT 512MB (Gainward), the model is not recognized (it says only "nVidia") ID=0x0540, but fully working CI+QE, dual monitor, with nVinject 0.21-512 ;)