ASUS Maximus Extreme iATKosV7 OSX86 E8500 install works

MrCyberdude

2 posts in this topic

Just a note to let people know that a ASUS Maximus Extreme Motherboard works.

A working basic install without Audio as i didn't have the original ADI AD1988B HD Audio card in to give it a go.

I had a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi SB0460

The 1st/2nd install - boot - install .. seemed to hang ........ But wait and wait and wait (maybe 5 minutes before you power it off as then it all came good.

1st Tip.. i can give is that it works with both the hard drives bios settings on both IDE and AHCI but i didn't have any success as RAID but i really didnt try hard either.

2nd Tip.. is ensure that the drives are installed on the first SATA 1/2 as when i had them on the SATA 5/6 i had all sorts of problems. one of the errors from memory was something along the line of

" CPU does not support Mwait or Mwait Break features " and " AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement " , I know it doesnt sound related, it may not be related i cannot be sure. I did try Speed step options in the iATKosV7 install without success for getting past this.

3rd Tip.. is that i had to select the check boxes for the Voodoo Kernel for it to work. i didn't really see a difference between 9.5 and 9.7 if they are the numbers from memory. There were only 2 to choose from.

4th Tip.. other than selecting my Video card gtx280 as nVidia200 and picking EFI as DVI-DVI everything else was basicly standard.

System Details

================================

Mainboard Model Maximus Extreme

Northbridge Intel X38 rev. 01

Southbridge Intel 82801IR (ICH9R) rev. 02

DMI BIOS

vendor American Megatrends Inc.

version 1302

date 03/24/2009

DMI Processor

manufacturer Intel

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8500 Wolfdale @ 3.16GHz Socket 775 LGA

clock speed 3166.0 MHz

FSB speed 333.0 MHz

multiplier 9.5x

Memory Type DDR3

Memory Size 4096 MBytes

Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280

Revision A2

Codename GT200

Technology 65 nm

Memory size 1024 MB

Memory type GDDR3

Hardware monitor Winbond W83627DHG

Hardware monitor Winbond W83791D

=======================

Good luck and PLEASE give your feedback....

• 2 weeks later...
Just a note to let people know that a ASUS Maximus Extreme Motherboard works.

A working basic install without Audio as i didn't have the original ADI AD1988B HD Audio card in to give it a go.

I had a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi SB0460

The 1st/2nd install - boot - install .. seemed to hang ........ But wait and wait and wait (maybe 5 minutes before you power it off as then it all came good.

1st Tip.. i can give is that it works with both the hard drives bios settings on both IDE and AHCI but i didn't have any success as RAID but i really didnt try hard either.

2nd Tip.. is ensure that the drives are installed on the first SATA 1/2 as when i had them on the SATA 5/6 i had all sorts of problems. one of the errors from memory was something along the line of

" CPU does not support Mwait or Mwait Break features " and " AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement " , I know it doesnt sound related, it may not be related i cannot be sure. I did try Speed step options in the iATKosV7 install without success for getting past this.

3rd Tip.. is that i had to select the check boxes for the Voodoo Kernel for it to work. i didn't really see a difference between 9.5 and 9.7 if they are the numbers from memory. There were only 2 to choose from.

4th Tip.. other than selecting my Video card gtx280 as nVidia200 and picking EFI as DVI-DVI everything else was basicly standard.

System Details

================================

Mainboard Model Maximus Extreme

Northbridge Intel X38 rev. 01

Southbridge Intel 82801IR (ICH9R) rev. 02

DMI BIOS

vendor American Megatrends Inc.

version 1302

date 03/24/2009

DMI Processor

manufacturer Intel

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8500 Wolfdale @ 3.16GHz Socket 775 LGA

clock speed 3166.0 MHz

FSB speed 333.0 MHz

multiplier 9.5x

Memory Type DDR3

Memory Size 4096 MBytes

Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280

Revision A2

Codename GT200

Technology 65 nm

Memory size 1024 MB

Memory type GDDR3

Hardware monitor Winbond W83627DHG

Hardware monitor Winbond W83791D

=======================

Good luck and PLEASE give your feedback....