Rosetta problem

RobbieTobbie

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

since about easter 2009 I´m solo-running Mac OSX (iPC 10.5.6 updated to 10.5.8) on my Dell Dimension 9150. Everything´s working fine so far, all the needed applications run just fine.

Sunday I decided it would be a nice trip to visit old Azeroth again and I tried to install WoW. Clicking on the installer did nothing. So I started googling and found two possible culprits: Wrong filesystem or Rosetta implementation. Filesystem can´t be since my HD is not formatted case-sensitive. So I followed some threads, gathered hints and files, patched CarbonLib and Rosetta and came to the point that /usr/libexec/oah/translate seems to be working fine when started. But when it should work on the WoW-Installer it stops, saying "Bus Error".

And I´m really at a loss because other Universal Binaries (e.g. Skype Installer) work flawlessly.

Anyone out there with another suggestion or THE hint I was to dazzled to find in the depths of the internet?

Some more to my hardware:

Dell Dimension 9150

Board DXP051, Bios Rev. A07

CPU: Pentium D945, 3.4GHz

RAM: 4GB

Graphics: nVidia 7900GS, 256MB

Every post is appreciated, even if it´s disillusional. Then at least I know ;-)

Bye

RobbieTobbie

Did you ever had before in the past WOW working on your OSX?

Sorry for my dumb question, but I'm just asking... it may be that your *Setup/*app file of WOW it must be corrupted some where in it.... and the only fix would be re downloading it again(hopefully next time would work).

If not sorry... for trying to help... mine does work just fine( i didnt have to alter anything of my setup) on 10.5.8

Hello,

thank you for your reply. That´s no dumb question at all. I should have mentioned it before: I tried the download, a DVD (new) and a CDROM Install, but nothing worked.

I hadn´t had it running but some people out there with iPC seem not to have any difficulty at all snince they were passing help to iDeneb users. Seems to have been a well known bug with that distro.

Bye

RobbieTobbie