• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
sjh2007

OS X Boots to Screen with No Icons/Bar

7 posts in this topic

I had OS X working on my computer for a while an recently after uninstalling some Callisto ATI Drivers, I can boot to OS X.

I get to the login screen, login with my name and password then enter. Then I see my picked background and my mouse, and a little bit of my user icon (from the login window) appears.

The mouse then moves in a weird delayed motion going slow, and the OS X Bar doesn't load and none of the icons do.

OS X stops loading at this point, I can move the mouse but the icons and stuff never load.

Any possible solutions or did I need to re-install OS X? I don't believe this is related to the ATI Drivers.

I think I did install the security update without pacifist. Any resolution or would it be easier to just re-install, then install the update correctly?

never mind. I fixed it by replacing the finder file. I found a back-up on the cd, replaced the file and now all is well.

In the cd ( I have a 10.4.5 ). I found the file finder. It wasn't the finder.app package. But I went into that package into a folder in it that had a file called finder and replaced it with the finder I found.

I did all this under Windows XP. Using a program called Mac Drive, to edit my Mac Partition in Windows.