• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
blink41

Some questions before trying

1 post in this topic

Hey everybody !

I just got snow leopard and want to install it. However, I got some questions, I tried to search but everything is a little bit confusing... Well, here we go :

Some guy on another board has posted his dsdt.aml (I got a p31-ds3l, like him, the difference is that we don't have the same grahic card - I got a 7300GT whereas he's got a 8800GT). My first question is : will this dsdt.aml work, or will I be able to install my graphic card after ?

I got a fully working system right now (windows xp and 7RC), I don't care about 7 as I will reinstall it soon. The main problem is that i used easybcd for dualbooting. Also, when I had leopard working, easybcd worked really well... Will I have to choose chameleon bootloader or will I still be able to use easybcd ?

I read that our snow leopard boot by default in 64-bit mode, but I got a soundcard (esi juli@) and I think the kexts are 32-bit, will it work ?

Well... That's all I can remember for now. Thanks in advance to anyone who'll be able to help !!!