Dell Inspiron 1200

sehgalanuj

5 posts in this topic

Hello there!!!

Firstly, thanks to everyone in this forum. You guys have built an excellent community and all the valuable knowledge is exactly what has put this together for me. All I can say is that I now have a fully working $500 Mac laptop!!!

I used the Deadmoo image to install on my Inspiron 1200 and then patched it with Maxxus SSE Patch ver 0.4 , all Rosetta apps are working flawlessly. The only problem seems to be with the Chess application which crashes the whole system.

WiFi is working as well by loading the AppleAirport2.kext from the Darwin x86 CD, it is a Dell 1350 WLAN PCMCIA card.

Woohoo!!!!

Anuj

Hello there!!!

Firstly, thanks to everyone in this forum. You guys have built an excellent community and all the valuable knowledge is exactly what has put this together for me. All I can say is that I now have a fully working $500 Mac laptop!!!

I used the Deadmoo image to install on my Inspiron 1200 and then patched it with Maxxus SSE Patch ver 0.4 , all Rosetta apps are working flawlessly. The only problem seems to be with the Chess application which crashes the whole system.

WiFi is working as well by loading the AppleAirport2.kext from the Darwin x86 CD, it is a Dell 1350 WLAN PCMCIA card.

Woohoo!!!!

Anuj

So all you did was used the Deadmoo DVD? and transfer the image to the HDD?

So all you did was used the Deadmoo DVD? and transfer the image to the HDD?

Yup!!! Worked right out of the image. It took ZERO tweaking for sound, ethernet, pcmcia, video or anything else to work.

Since I had the Dell 1350 wireless adapter, which is based on a BCM4306 chipset i believe, all I had to do was copy the AppleAirport2.kext from the Darwin x86 install CD and load it up to ger WiFI working.

• 7 months later...
Yup!!! Worked right out of the image. It took ZERO tweaking for sound, ethernet, pcmcia, video or anything else to work.

Since I had the Dell 1350 wireless adapter, which is based on a BCM4306 chipset i believe, all I had to do was copy the AppleAirport2.kext from the Darwin x86 install CD and load it up to ger WiFI working.

I haven't been able to get my Inspiron 1200 to take OS X. It keeps hanging up on a blue screen. I have the exact notebook you're using with the same wi-fi adapter... identical in every way.

• 2 weeks later...