HP Pavilion DV6000 First Boot Problem..

audio84

1 post in this topic

Hi all! I'd really appreciate any help you can give here.

I've managed to install OSX86 on my Desktop PC with no problems at all. Because of this, I planned to install it onto my HP Pavilion DV6000 AMD laptop.. but I'm coming across a continuous problem.

When installing OSX86, the installation will be a success. After restarting the machine for its first boot, it will display the gray apple logo, along with the 'No Smoking Sign'. As far as I know, this means it cannot find the hard drive? I've tried iAtkos 4, iAtkos 7, iPC and LawlessPPC and every one of them has the exact same problem. Great install, but won't boot.

Another thing I've noticed that may give you a clue to solving this, is that when I'm selecting the HD to install OSX86 to, it should say something like "disk0s1", right? Well, this one says "disk5s1", and I've no idea how to change the number. Could this be the problem? I've tried booting with "-v" to see the error, and it states the dreaded "Still waiting for root device"... but one or two of the disks also state "FireWire GUID 0000000000000 is invalid".

I've also tried booting with the "rd=disk5s1" and "rd=disk0s1" command line, but to no avail.

Please help! Thank you!

Audio84.