running fine, but have problems installing drivers

rytrilius

2 posts in this topic

Hi all, i got it running on my partition. did the usual 'platform=x86pc' and 'rd=disk0s3" thingie (it's installed in my third partition).

However, i had problems getting Tulip and the C-media drivers to work. i've installed Tulip and the driver for C-media from the wiki, but they just dun turn up in system preferences.

is there something i had overlooked? i'm really new to the OS, and i REALLY wanna switch over to Mac. i'm getting my 14" iBook from my college next week, but i wanna run tiger smoothly on my intel.

here's my specs:

Intel® P4 1.8Ghz

Asus P4S533 mobo

CMI8738 onboard sound (i removed my SB Live!)

Linksys LNE100TX

i simply followed the instructions and decompressed the archives and installed them. installation was smooth, no errors.

Many thanks for any form of help.

Hi all, i got it running on my partition. did the usual 'platform=x86pc' and 'rd=disk0s3" thingie (it's installed in my third partition).

However, i had problems getting Tulip and the C-media drivers to work. i've installed Tulip and the driver for C-media from the wiki, but they just dun turn up in system preferences.

is there something i had overlooked? i'm really new to the OS, and i REALLY wanna switch over to Mac. i'm getting my 14" iBook from my college next week, but i wanna run tiger smoothly on my intel.

here's my specs:

Intel® P4 1.8Ghz

Asus P4S533 mobo

CMI8738 onboard sound (i removed my SB Live!)

Linksys LNE100TX

i simply followed the instructions and decompressed the archives and installed them. installation was smooth, no errors.

Many thanks for any form of help.

Hi all, i solved it all by disabling PnP in my bios thx for the attention