Custom Config. Help

ainokun

1 post in this topic

Hi, I am brand new to the Hackintosh world and and trying to figure out if what I have planned out is right for me. I am a college and working to becoming a Graphic Designer/Illistarater after I graduate. Grad school is almost definite so I want my system to last through out if possible. This is what I am looking for:

1. Ability to run Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator smoothly (as well as future versions with minimal upgrading).

2. Possible 3D rendering (Not sure if I will be going far in that area, but a possibility).

3. 1080p support and HD encoding.

4. Good gaming performance. I am not a huge gamer, but would really enjoy the graphics to be great when I do play. I figure that will tie in with my previous needs so isn't that big of an issue.

5. Finally, I want they system to be as vanilla as possible, and would love for it to support Snow Leopard since it is being released in a few weeks.

The setup I have wish-listed at Newegg is as follows:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 LGA 1366 Intel X58

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz

RAM: PNY XLR8 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

I am having quite a bit of trouble finding a graphics card and am admittedly not to familiar with them since I've pretty much only owned notebooks. Any help would be amazing since that is one of the most important parts in regards to my needs. As for the case and storage, I am sure I can get that figured out. I have looking through the InsanelyMac forums and the guides and and pretty sure the fallowing one will help greatly since this pretty much the setup I am going for. Do you think this is overkill for what I want to do? I am open to any opinions and and looking for my setup to be as cost effective as possible, while still having the power I need. So far it is at $660 with just the above 3 parts. I am hoping for as close to $800 I can get. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks, and I apologize if this is in the wrong area!