E-mail Format

ZeDz

4 posts in this topic

I was just wondering whether there was a legitimate reason for ppl putting their e-mails in the format,

person[at]gmail[dot]com

instead of:

person@gmail.com ?

Is there some specific reason for doing this because I'm pretty sure people have access to the "@" and "." symbols.

I was just wondering whether there was a legitimate reason for ppl putting their e-mails in the format,

person[at]gmail[dot]com

instead of:

person@gmail.com ?

Is there some specific reason for doing this because I'm pretty sure people have access to the "@" and "." symbols.

Spammers search bulletin boards for email addresses and key on the email format, especially the "@". So changing the pattern kills the search.

• 3 weeks later...

Just kinda curious, but how hard is it to turn text into a picture? Kinda like the registration you see in all the places where you have to type the number in. Or where you type the text in and it shows up on the sign of the picture. Would this prevent things from just trying to randomly search for said text, or am I just waaay off course.

Note-Given the ability to do so, might not match up to the difficulty of doing it, but it is just a question that made me wonder.

Note of Note-Yes this is a very old topic just call me the Crypt-Keeper!

:)