Chameleon, PC EFI v9, 10, 10.1 and all the others that don't work

roninx

2 posts in this topic

Greetings to everyone here at insanely mac.

I wanted to bring up this 32 and 64 bit booting method with the newest OS here.

I needed some suggestions as to what i should do (or everyone should do) to get OS X 10.6 running on

darwin. Seems that i can never invoke 64 bit boot under any circumstances when trying to boot. (typical error is kernel panic, but for one it was a line of gray squares on the screen. who made that PoS anyways!?)

under 32 bit boot i would get kernel panics less often or halted bootup with minimal HD activity.

the one time it did work was with a boot file from a "Chameleon_v1012" package after installing the Chameleon RC1 and the Snow Leopard compatibility.

I'm giving out no torrent links like several others did and got banned for and if i'm doing something wrong. please be courteous about it. nobody likes a grouchy forum nazi chewing out the most helpless members. i'm sure i could get an amen to that. i'd like to make myself clear that i'm new to posting here but i've read many articles since i first started installing at Leopard 10.2.

Thanks for any help or suggested topic relocations you can provide me with.

Roninx :)

Greetings to everyone here at insanely mac.

I wanted to bring up this 32 and 64 bit booting method with the newest OS here.

I needed some suggestions as to what i should do (or everyone should do) to get OS X 10.6 running on

darwin. Seems that i can never invoke 64 bit boot under any circumstances when trying to boot. (typical error is kernel panic, but for one it was a line of gray squares on the screen. who made that PoS anyways!?)

under 32 bit boot i would get kernel panics less often or halted bootup with minimal HD activity.

the one time it did work was with a boot file from a "Chameleon_v1012" package after installing the Chameleon RC1 and the Snow Leopard compatibility.

I'm giving out no torrent links like several others did and got banned for and if i'm doing something wrong. please be courteous about it. nobody likes a grouchy forum nazi chewing out the most helpless members. i'm sure i could get an amen to that. i'd like to make myself clear that i'm new to posting here but i've read many articles since i first started installing at Leopard 10.2.

Thanks for any help or suggested topic relocations you can provide me with.

Roninx :whistle:

Posting about snow on PCs is not allowed in this forum in general, and further, this subforum is for real Macs only.

cmd-f.. search for "forum guidelines".. quite clearly posted.

Topic locked..