How to Uninstall and Get Boot Camp Keyboard Back

rdeluz

4 posts in this topic

I installed InputRemapper.

I realized after the installation that I could have just used right apple for right click in the lastest version of Boot Camp (or so I found online).

So I uninstalled InputRemapper.

Now I have no function keys, etc., since when I installed InputRemapper it removed my Apple keyboard drivers.

How do I restore my system to the state that it was in before? I figured that uninstalling InputRemapper would reenable anything it disabled, but it does not. Please fix that.

I followed another thread, but to some older drivers. I tried downloading a bootcamp update, as well as running bootcamp from my OSX 10.5 DVD, but both failed during run, saying my existing bootcamp was bad.

How do I restore my system to its previous state, with working keyboard drivers?

Thanks,

Ryan

uh.. You make it a little hard for us to understand which OS you're talking about. I'm assuming that you're talking about Windows.

Hook up a USB keyboard to your Mac and insert the Leo DVD into the DVD drive. Try reinstalling the drivers from the Leo DVD, and if that doesn't work, back up your files and do a clean reinstall of XP. That should do the trick.

• 2 months later...

I HATE THIS INPUT REMAPPER

DO NOT INSTALL IT, it causes major major problems on Windows 7 and ultimately I believe I will have to reinstall windows and all of my softwares and find a way to backup, because keyboard and mouse are not working.

IT"S A SHAME. very bad programmers.

I am so nervous right now

• 2 weeks later...
DO NOT INSTALL IT, it causes major major problems on Windows 7 and ultimately I believe I will have to reinstall windows and all of my softwares and find a way to backup, because keyboard and mouse are not working.

You can uninstall it under windows 7, I posted instructions here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=145966