install from external hardrive?

L1SE19

4 posts in this topic

i have a dmg for the original leopard installation disc.

I have a macbook white with no operating system on it. I can not install from disc as everytime i try it gives me an error for "failed to verify essentials package". I've tried burning several different copies, disc's, images, etc.

None work and i get the exact same error.

I now want to try install from an external hardrive, but obviously i dont have a computer/laptop running OSX.

so i want to know is there anyway to restore the leopard dmg onto an external hardrive in windows?

i have a dmg for the original leopard installation disc.

I have a macbook white with no operating system on it. I can not install from disc as everytime i try it gives me an error for "failed to verify essentials package". I've tried burning several different copies, disc's, images, etc.

None work and i get the exact same error.

I now want to try install from an external hardrive, but obviously i dont have a computer/laptop running OSX.

so i want to know is there anyway to restore the leopard dmg onto an external hardrive in windows?

I am interested also in installing it from a PEN drive since my DVD drive doesn't work, i tried to copy all DVD files to the pen drive but then i get a BOOTSECT error!

Any fix?!

Regards,

Mywk