Core i7 Motherboard for Hackintosh

5 posts in this topic

So I've spent the past few days reading the loads of information here regarding different motherboards, video cards, RAM, etc combinations for creating a hackintosh.

It's overwhelming. :wacko: I am looking to buy a Core i7 920 processor with a minimum of 6GB triple channel memory, and am wondering which motherboard will give me the least headache getting running under OSX 10.5.7. Hopefully, booting a vanilla kernel and doing install off of 10.5.7 install disk.

Can anyone make this recommendation? I know its also impossible to predict but one that would work well with Snow Leopard would be nice as well.

I don't have a core i7 but from what i see the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 or any flavor of that is the one people are using.

Check this out.... http://osx86.tistory.com/54 . He has a pretty comprehensive guide regarding that board.

Yep, that's the board I've primarily been primarily looking at. The thread on this site is about 94 pages long right now (urgh). I've read the last 20 or so pages and it still looks like people have issues with it. I was wondering if there was any other board that would be more compatible, etc.

Probably will be the board I go with.

Video is a whole other story I'm sure. Ideally I'd like a card in the 200-300$ range that is fully compatible with OSX and capable of running a 30" LCD.

check out netkas.org He has some solutions for the newer video cards.

Yep, been over there too. Nearest I can figure is that the newer Nvidia gt200 series is supported now. So I was looking at getting a GT280 or GT285 board...

I really want the new G3 Sandisk SSDs to come out to see what the performance is on those with Leopard/Snow.