ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT on Dell Optiplex 755

pewp

5 posts in this topic

I followed the method below. I rebooted and the screen just zooms past the whole boot flag modifier portion and goes into a jumble of {censored} and I cannot see my display. If i press the power button once real quick it will mess with the screen a bit, but it still won't work properly.

Perhaps it has to do with the install. I installed iPC 10.5.6 clean then through the apple software update I accidently upgraded to 10.5.7 and it actually seemed to work and all the ethernet/sound drivers stayed intact. I still had video even, just not anything other than 1024x768. I never attempted to install any sort of video driver until after the 10.5.7 upgrade.

If anyone has had this issue or can guide me that would be great. Also, before I attempted to install the video drivers I was still able to do the boot flags before OS X fully booted. That option didn't go away until after the driver install. At least I think that is the case.

EDIT: Just to update. I put the boot disk and pressed F8 and used the -v -f flags to boot to OS X. It's booting still, after about 3 or 4 minutes, but hasn't hung up... yet... Never mind, just went to the install screen.

ATI Radeon 2400XT (94c1)

For Leopard 10.5.7:

Download this: zip.gif 2400xt_10.5.7.zip ( 383.25K ) Number of downloads: 47

From a clean installation of Leopard 10.5.7 or an upgrade:

1) Delete ATIRadeonX2000.kext from /System/Library/Extensions and install the one downloaded with kexthelper

2) Overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration with the one downloaded (you need root privileges); if you have chameleon 2.0 RC1 you can also overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in the Extra folder.

3) delete natit.kext (if You have it in /System/Library/Extensions)

reboot with -v -f

QE/CI should be enabled.

Giorgio

I followed the method below. I rebooted and the screen just zooms past the whole boot flag modifier portion and goes into a jumble of {censored} and I cannot see my display. If i press the power button once real quick it will mess with the screen a bit, but it still won't work properly.

Perhaps it has to do with the install. I installed iPC 10.5.6 clean then through the apple software update I accidently upgraded to 10.5.7 and it actually seemed to work and all the ethernet/sound drivers stayed intact. I still had video even, just not anything other than 1024x768. I never attempted to install any sort of video driver until after the 10.5.7 upgrade.

If anyone has had this issue or can guide me that would be great. Also, before I attempted to install the video drivers I was still able to do the boot flags before OS X fully booted. That option didn't go away until after the driver install. At least I think that is the case.

EDIT: Just to update. I put the boot disk and pressed F8 and used the -v -f flags to boot to OS X. It's booting still, after about 3 or 4 minutes, but hasn't hung up... yet... Never mind, just went to the install screen.

Are you sure that your device id is 0x94c1?

Have you deleted natit.kext or any other injector?

Have you deleted ATIRadeonX2000.kext before install the new?

Have you Chamaleon 2.0 as bootloader?

What release of Leopard ? 10.5.6 or 10.5.7?

Giorgio

• 4 weeks later...

i have tried this and other´s method whit no result. My vga card is radeon HD 2400 XT (id: 0x94c8; vendor id: 0x1002; revision id: 0x0000; DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)). Is there any way to make it work, enable QE/CI?! 10x and sory for my english.

acer tm5720

cpu: centrino core duo 2,4G

ram: 4G DDR II 667MHz

wifi: bcm 94312 mgc

vga: HD 2400 XT 256Mb

hdd: 320 G

dual boot Windows 7 + iAtkos v7

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP....

i have tried this and other´s method whit no result. My vga card is radeon HD 2400 XT (id: 0x94c8; vendor id: 0x1002; revision id: 0x0000; DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)). Is there any way to make it work, enable QE/CI?! 10x and sory for my english.

acer tm5720

cpu: centrino core duo 2,4G

ram: 4G DDR II 667MHz

wifi: bcm 94312 mgc

vga: HD 2400 XT 256Mb

hdd: 320 G

dual boot Windows 7 + iAtkos v7

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP....

0x94c8 is the id of 2400XT mobility, my driver are for Desktop cards (0x94c1)

Sotty, i don't know this mobility card.

• 1 month later...