How to make the most out of my hack book pro inspiron 1525

2 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, new to the forums, I've learned alot just reading the last few weeks, but now I feel I'm ready to ask some questions, that I can't find the answers to.

I apologize if this could be easily found by searching, I've looked thru most of what I found on search but either had specific questions, or didn't see/missed the topic/thread

I installed osx86 on this laptop using Genero's guide on macyourpc.com and he has been greatly helpful in his posts and guides. I've learned so much just from chatting with the guy.

Now onto my question.

Here goes:

A. I've got a Inspiron 1525 OSX86 with 4gb RAM and a T9500 Intel Core2Duo 2.6 GHZ and 320GB HDD. I've created this solely for the use of editing film and video along with audio. What can I do to make this thing blazing fast at what I want to do. Are there configurations I need to try? Hardware or OS?

B. Can I overclock this? and if so can I do this with some safety?

C. Is there anyone else who is doing or attempting to do the same thing, and what success or failures have you met with?

I look forward to being a part of the community!

Thanks!

J.D.

• 3 weeks later...

The bios and cpu is locked down to prevent that from happening. It can't happen. Long version: Overclocking usually involves bios settings and increasing the voltage which starts to overheat a CPU.

This CPU now needs to be cooled. Laptops can't be fitted with a CPU cooler without major surgery, so allowing them to be overclocked would cause melting problems.

On a side note, I am also interested in using a 1525 for video editing purposes. How does it handle FCP and especially firewire? I need to log and capture from a MiniDV camcorder.