Toshiba Satellite m55-s3293 osX86 installation

stjmb12

6 posts in this topic

I am having serious problems installing osx86 on my Toshiba Satellite M55-S3293 laptop. It gets through the install without a hitch but when it boots for the first time, it stays on a blue screen without a mouse icon or the rainbow wheel. I am using iDeneb 10.5.5

It is really annoying me because I really would like to use this old laptop for something and it is compatible as it says in the wiki. Can anyone help me with this as I am a complete noob when it comes to this.

Also to all who have put the hard work into this project and site, good on ya, we all cant afford apple's products and this is a great way to enjoy them.

it is strange, I have M60 and works fine.

did you instal some graphics driver?

try minimum install, dont use any graphics driver, dont forget the kext for your motherboard .

I have no idea what happened. what do I do with the kext? I am a bigtime noob when it comes to this stuff. I remember about a year ago I installed it on the same notebook and it booted up perfectly once and then never got it to work again. now everytime i try to install i get the bluescreen and thats all that ever comes up.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same Toshiba M55-S3293 running smoothly here. It's a very cheap machine on ebay and runs OSX just fine. I based my install on this one here (http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.5/Portables#Satellite_m55-s3293), but in mine I guarantee the ethernet card's up.

My Install:

iDeneb v1.4 (10.5.6)

Fonts

X11

iDeneb essential

Audio--> AC97

chipset--> ICHx Fixed

Kernel--> 9.2.0 Sleep

Ethernet: AppleYukon2 --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...php/t89151.html

fixes--> cpus=1 & BatteryManager

video--> gma900

Throw these in, and ONLY these at install, and it will run fine.

Everything runs smooth, but the wifi must be unsecured. The iwi kext (drivers) isn't yet logging into secured wifis.

Also, I have three "post-install" things:

ethernet

wireless (disable firewire)

there's also a "dmg mounting problem" that causes Kernel panics. Just install "seatbelt.kext" and you're done.

These three fixes are in my files here. Go in this order: AppleYukon, then Seatbelt, then finally iwi2200. I am uploading my post-install files for the M55-s3293. You should be running in no time.

I hope someone updates the wiki pointed up above; I can't login, strangely...

Toshiba_M55_S3293_after_iDeneb1.4.zip

• 2 weeks later...

i have the same model of toshiba as yours. i followed your instructions carefully but it seems that after installation and clicking restart, it just rebooted on the xp os. i tried to boot it from the drive that i kept the mac os but it just won't boot . Any ideas ?

• 2 months later...

my previous project was an asus a3ac, with a succesfull install of ideneb 1.3; i posted the details on the wiki. a week ago i got back my toshiba satellite m55-s325, which i once had on ubuntu. on a whim, instead of doing a clean install of osx, i just installed the hd from the asus to the toshiba.... it booted up! actually everything works, except for the network (ethernet and wifi) so i decided to reformat the asus hd and install ideneb 1.3... always had the still waiting for root device. tried leo4all and kalyway. still the same error. then i read this thread and tried ideneb 1.4. well, it works except for the networking. i followed your post install, yukon, seatbelt and iwi, but still no networking. in fact, after installing seatbelt, network in system preferences always crashes a few seconds after running it. don't know what's causing it. probably because i haven't disabled the firewire... how do you disable the firewire? i know my laptop doesn't have a firewire port.

EDIT: i blabbed first before checking things carefully... i didn't notice that there are now 2 wifi icons on systray, the new one is the network gui... opened it, got impatient waiting for it to stop scanning, turned it off, turned it back on after 2mins, VOILA! i got wifi... haven't tried it on protected networks, my setup here is i just enable MAC filtering. anyways, just wanna confirm linhares' method works for my satellite m55-s325