Booting iPC 10.5.6 PPF5 Final on Dell D830

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am trying to install mac osx 10.5.6 on my Latitude D830. I am using iPC 10.5.6 PPF 5 or Kalyway 10.5.2 or iDeneb. But no matter which Distribution I choose I am running into the same problems all the time.

Either a Kernel Panic in AcpiOsFree"@/VoodooKernel/xnu-1228.7.58/iokit/Kernel/IOLib.cpp:724"

or the Installation hangs after

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

If I boot with -v cpus=1 I see the 2nd Problem. If not I am getting the Kernel Panic. I have tried playing wiht the BIOS Settings as well, but without any Luck.The Problems arise with either Distribution. Using the vanilla Kernel also did not solve the Problem.Any Help is highly appreciated.

My Notebook is a Dell Latitude D830 with NV140-Grafik, Dell Wireless 1500 (Broadcom), 4GB Ram, Core2Duo, Dell Bios Version: A14.

So the Howto did not work for my D830...Kind regards Juergen Hoffmann

try the following options: -v cpus=2 maxmem={your-system-RAM MB}

e.g., i have 2GB memory i use: -v cpus=2 maxmem=2048

it still panics sometimes, but a lot less.

Hi,

I am trying to install mac osx 10.5.6 on my Latitude D830. I am using iPC 10.5.6 PPF 5 or Kalyway 10.5.2 or iDeneb. But no matter which Distribution I choose I am running into the same problems all the time.

Either a Kernel Panic in AcpiOsFree"@/VoodooKernel/xnu-1228.7.58/iokit/Kernel/IOLib.cpp:724"

If I boot with -v cpus=1 I see the 2nd Problem. If not I am getting the Kernel Panic. I have tried playing wiht the BIOS Settings as well, but without any Luck.The Problems arise with either Distribution. Using the vanilla Kernel also did not solve the Problem.Any Help is highly appreciated.

My Notebook is a Dell Latitude D830 with NV140-Grafik, Dell Wireless 1500 (Broadcom), 4GB Ram, Core2Duo, Dell Bios Version: A14.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi,

has anyone found a solution to this. I have the exact same problem on my D830 with A14 BIOS, nVidia Quadro NVS 135M, Sigmatel Audio, Conexant Modem, Broadcom 57XX Ethernet and Intel 3945ABG Wireless. I can't get passed the kernel panic.

• 2 weeks later...

so I figured out a quick solution. I removed my wifi card and it immediately got rid of the kernel panic problem. after install, i put the card back in and os x turned on the airport automatically. worked like a charm. not too difficult to get the wifi card out either. just pull the faceplate off, remove 3 screws for the keyboard and flip a couple latches on the wifi card to pop it out.