dmg mounting problems

datboidere2

3 posts in this topic

i have a iPC 10.5.6 running smoothly with usb, wireless, keyboard, video, and audio working on my dell d620.  i have a problem when i download dmg files (i.e. quicktime, firefox, itunes, etc) from my iPC.  whenever i try to mount it, it would stop my system and tell me to hold down the power button and restart.  however, when i download a dmg through my vista (dual boot) and load the dmg through my NTFS partition, then it mounts fine and installs fine.  I do not understand what the problem is. 

I have looked at 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=148566

but I didn't want to do that because 1) i didn't know what version my seatbelt.kext is right now and 2) i don't want to install any kext when my system is running smooth minus this problem.  any help would be greatful.

ps. sorry im a noob to this. i got excited when i heard stanford is offering iphone programming classes but i needed a mac. thanks to everyone in insanelymac who has made this possible!

That IS the problem!

It's not that your'e going to change anything! you just have to match the two versions! Think of it this way, you installed the WRONG one during installation and you have to fix it!!

Koos

...... I do not understand what the problem is.

but I didn't want to do that because 1) i didn't know what version my seatbelt.kext is right now and 2) i don't want to install any kext when my system is running smooth minus this problem. any help would be greatful.

:) cool. told you i was a noob. i'll try it and i'll get back to you. thanks.

just wondering, how come it allows it to mount through the NTFS partition but not the Mac partition?

EDIT: worked like a charm! thanks for your help Groot Koos!