Apple Aluminum Keyboard Troubleshooting...

1 post in this topic

Hi Everybody,

I've recently purchased and Apple Aluminum Keyboard (Wired)

There are several issues I've encountered up to now and I was not able to figure them out on my own or make it work otherwise.

I've been looking over the forums to find some answers, but so far no luck.

I'd like to know if you have similar issues and how did you solve them. Are there many hardware problems with the keyboard?

Issues: 1.The F4 Button goes crazy when it's set as: Show Desktop in Exposé (the drawn functions on them are set to be enabled only when the function key is pressed) or on the other hand when it's set as a function key, it is the same lunatic button respectively.

2. When pressing the left command button + V, no response, I have to press the right Command + V to execute the Paste command. That's troublesome.

I'm running an iPc 10.5.6. I've updated the EHCI, AHCI, OHCI files situated at this link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117029

as they've seemed to be the cause. Unfortunately, they didn't help at all. The issue remains.

My question is: Is there something wrong with the keyboard itself, i.e is it the Hardware or the Software? Or the fact that I'm running an OSx86/Hackintosh/iPc?

Thank you.