I installed Kalyway and everything works but the.......

WHITETIGERX

10 posts in this topic

Internet? I have a dual-boot of Windows XP Professional and Kalyway. Everytime I boot MAC and try to use the internet, it cannot detect the Ethernet or modem. If you know how to install the internet, please write back to me on this forum... Thanks, help is needed! :D

Oops, Alright... Here is my info on my hardware...

Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Version 2002)

-SP3

-AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+

2.00G Hz, 960MB of RAM

I have a Router connected as well. The router is by Belkin54G and the main modem is made by Scientific Atlanta.

Belkin54G Model Number is F5D7230-4 and the Main Modem (Scientific Atlanta) is MAC 0011E61F74BD

I have a Router connected as well. The router is by Belkin54G and the main modem is made by Scientific Atlanta.

Belkin54G Model Number is F5D7230-4 and the Main Modem (Scientific Atlanta) is MAC 0011E61F74BD

No, we need to know the make and model of your ehternet hardware, meaning the port you plug your router into on the back of your computer OR the make and model of your wireless card built into your computer. Why do we need to know this? Because the internet is not universal, certain hardware needs drivers/etc for the operating system (mac os x) to know how to handle your hardware.

In windows go to start > right click on my computer and select properties. click device manager on left side of screen. scroll down to Network Adaptors and double click on it and tell us what different devices are under there?

• 2 weeks later...

It's like saying "my car is a Mercedes".

Trouble is I think they've been making cars for about a 100 years now and the three wheeled thing that rolled out of Karl Benz' garage in the cold morning sun of January 1886 is a lot different from the latest SLK.

The analogy doesn't quite fit with nVidia but you get the idea. A generic description like "nVidia network controller" isn't good enough, you need to find a model number too.

1394 just means Firewire and that's not what you're looking for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FireWire