What distribution do you recommend?

k1llerunit

7 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

a few months ago I already installed Mac OS X Leopard on my PC but then I had to change my mainboard due to a lightning damage and afterwards many things didn't work anymore. I was to lazy to install it again but now I think it's time to try it again. But first I need to find the appropriate distribution. I hope you may help me.

Here's an overview of my hardware:

Intel E2220 on socket 775 (I'm 90% sure about the socket)

GA-EP43-DS3 (the E stands for economy and can be ignored I guess)

2GB Ram

ATI HD 3650

some SATA drives and one IDE drive

from my side theres nothing more to say

Has anybody a clue about what distribution fits best to my hardware? I appreciate every kind of help.

Thanks so far,

Roman

Hello everybody,

a few months ago I already installed Mac OS X Leopard on my PC but then I had to change my mainboard due to a lightning damage and afterwards many things didn't work anymore. I was to lazy to install it again but now I think it's time to try it again. But first I need to find the appropriate distribution. I hope you may help me.

Here's an overview of my hardware:

Intel E2220 on socket 775 (I'm 90% sure about the socket)

GA-EP43-DS3 (the E stands for economy and can be ignored I guess)

2GB Ram

ATI HD 3650

some SATA drives and one IDE drive

from my side theres nothing more to say

Has anybody a clue about what distribution fits best to my hardware? I appreciate every kind of help.

Thanks so far,

Roman

I suggest the ideneb distro. check this url:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

I have no experience with ideneb. Use the search, you can see what distro people with the same motherboard as you use.

Non-Apple kernels are only necessary on CPUs that aren't based on the Intel "Core" microarchitecture. Since your CPU is an Allendale model it can use the Vanilla kernel. So don't worry about kernels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_Dual-Core#Allendale