Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 welcome intro restarts after transfer prompt

FuzzyLogic11

6 posts in this topic

Greetings friends

Apologies if this has already been covered, I have tried a Kalyway & iAtkos & have tinkered around & finally got dual boot with win xp working well.

Acer 5737z laptop

Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 install is successful.

It boots up the, plays the intro video which shows the animated into video of "welcome" word in many different languages.

Then it prompts to select country, success. Also let you pick keyboard layout, again success.

Then prompts for the option to transfer settings from an existing mac, where you have 4 options, the last one being to not do anything right now.

In my case, I dont have any files/settings I want to transfer from any Mac.

So, when I select the option & click contine, I see the cursor activity for 1 minute, then the welcome intro video plays again, & starts all over again by prompting for country etc.

I have tried the other option of choosing different countries/keyboard layouts & also tied to select a different files & settings option as well as going donw the voice activation path, none of them let me actually get past the initial OSX startup process.

This is all very promising except for this little glitch, so I hope to get this working soon.

Thanks a lot for your assistance, & yes Im a newbie to the Mac world but a pretty experienced M$ slave, have tinkered with linux a little so feel free to be technical.

Cheers

Thanks 2o2, good point

Unfortunately, this laptop bios is very minimal & locked down so I cant disable any onboard devices. I am unmilling to try upgrading it because this laptop is critical & I dont want to break it. Any other ideas on disabling the devies?

I tried reinstalling customized Kalyway with a whole lot of drivers but that broke the boot. Now as I write this Im reinstalling with less options to get the custom mix right.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
Greetings friends

Apologies if this has already been covered, I have tried a Kalyway & iAtkos & have tinkered around & finally got dual boot with win xp working well.

Acer 5737z laptop

Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 install is successful.

It boots up the, plays the intro video which shows the animated into video of "welcome" word in many different languages.

Then it prompts to select country, success. Also let you pick keyboard layout, again success.

Then prompts for the option to transfer settings from an existing mac, where you have 4 options, the last one being to not do anything right now.

In my case, I dont have any files/settings I want to transfer from any Mac.

So, when I select the option & click contine, I see the cursor activity for 1 minute, then the welcome intro video plays again, & starts all over again by prompting for country etc.

I have tried the other option of choosing different countries/keyboard layouts & also tied to select a different files & settings option as well as going donw the voice activation path, none of them let me actually get past the initial OSX startup process.

This is all very promising except for this little glitch, so I hope to get this working soon.

Thanks a lot for your assistance, & yes Im a newbie to the Mac world but a pretty experienced M$ slave, have tinkered with linux a little so feel free to be technical.

Cheers

I had the same exact problem! A quick search for "Do you already own a mac" in these forums revealed the solution...

read my post here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=171228

So basically after you run those commands in single user mode, when you boot up it wont show you that initial setup stuff.. it will just show you a login box and you can login as root with whatever password you made it...

It works! :)

Thanks 2o2, good point

Unfortunately, this laptop bios is very minimal & locked down so I cant disable any onboard devices. I am unmilling to try upgrading it because this laptop is critical & I dont want to break it. Any other ideas on disabling the devies?

I tried reinstalling customized Kalyway with a whole lot of drivers but that broke the boot. Now as I write this Im reinstalling with less options to get the custom mix right.

Cheers

{censored}, usually the bios should give you those options, but other than that you can try installing osx without any ethernet or wireless drivers and then install them after the installation